Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 2008 cbr 600rr, at first thought, i suspected the CCT , so i changed it .. RATTLING still persists . Now someone from a FB group told me that it it could be my clutch (center clutch). He said the protrusions inside the center clutch that the clutch springs are on have probably worn . I checked it myself and they look *okay* to me , but am not a mechanic so I wouldn't know for sure.

Could this be possible , and seeing that it's relatively cheap should i by an entire OEM clutch assembly off ebay or just the center clutch piece ?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
whoever gave you advice doesn't know what' he's talking about.

a clutch may make a sort of droning noise, but not a rattle. everything is oil dampened and pretty well incapable of rattling. the pack has a judder spring assembly in it to mitigate this further.

don't buy parts until you've diagnosed your issue. it's ******* retarded how many people find a problem, then buy stuff until it's gone.

cam chain rattles are very common on these bikes, what's your mileage? it may be time to replace the guides and chain as well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whoever gave you advice doesn't know what' he's talking about.

a clutch may make a sort of droning noise, but not a rattle. everything is oil dampened and pretty well incapable of rattling. the pack has a judder spring assembly in it to mitigate this further.

don't buy parts until you've diagnosed your issue. it's ******* retarded how many people find a problem, then buy stuff until it's gone.

cam chain rattles are very common on these bikes, what's your mileage? it may be time to replace the guides and chain as well.
20k on clock...Am gonna just bring it to shop before i consider buying anything..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts