Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed rattling in the front end of my bike. It gets louder at like 4k-7k but only in that range I can hear it. That isn't really important since I've narrowed it down to what it is and was just looking for a fix.

It turns out it's the middle light (on an 07) that is making the noise. If I reach over the bike and hold it, the sound will stop. So my question is, what can I put in there or do to make it tight again and stop the rattling?

Note: I put on a zero gravity windscreen too, the only thing I think might be causing such a thing.

Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow fast reply. I was looking at some stuff like that when I was getting my car fixed. I just dont want to shoot anything permanent down there thats going to really stick and be there for good. Just some Lowes stuff would be ok?

I just saw your signature too... I wish I could go to that trackday but I ordered new gear and it won't be here till after then. I'm in Gainesville and have wanted to go to Jennings for a while... Do they rent stuff there or anything like that?? Sorry off topic...

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I've noticed rattling in the front end of my bike. It gets louder at like 4k-7k but only in that range I can hear it. That isn't really important since I've narrowed it down to what it is and was just looking for a fix.

It turns out it's the middle light (on an 07) that is making the noise. If I reach over the bike and hold it, the sound will stop. So my question is, what can I put in there or do to make it tight again and stop the rattling?

Note: I put on a zero gravity windscreen too, the only thing I think might be causing such a thing.

Thanks for any help!!

It is th new windscren, or should I say the lack of the stock windscreen,, go look at your stock one,, you will notice a spunge like material glued to the underside neer the light you are talking about,, I bet if you put the same sort of thing on your aftermarket windscreen in the same spot the problem will go away

D

·
0 Posts
Wow fast reply. I was looking at some stuff like that when I was getting my car fixed. I just dont want to shoot anything permanent down there thats going to really stick and be there for good. Just some Lowes stuff would be ok?

I just saw your signature too... I wish I could go to that trackday but I ordered new gear and it won't be here till after then. I'm in Gainesville and have wanted to go to Jennings for a while... Do they rent stuff there or anything like that?? Sorry off topic...
Silicon sealant wont be permanent. Lowes or even walmart would have stuff that would work.
There's some other easy fixes to it, but I can't name them off the top of my head.

Jennings rents gear.
$50 for leather, $10 for gloves, $20 for boots. Saturday just filled up though so the only open day left is Friday.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
What demented said will work too, but might be more messy,, I suggest try my method first and if it doesn't work,, then go the silicon route

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I know exactly what youre talking about. I'll go check it out now. Good call with that.

Thanks guys!

This place is great, I dont know what people used to do before these forums...

D

·
0 Posts
What demented said will work too, but might be more messy,, I suggest try my method first and if it doesn't work,, then go the silicon route
I'm not sure the foam pad comes off easily. That would be the better way to go though.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I'm not sure the foam pad comes off easily. That would be the better way to go though.
It probably doesn't come off too easy, but weather stripping for house hold or even automotive doors might be a good substitute

1 - 9 of 9 Posts