Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

Quick question. I've got this rattling, twisty metal kind of noise coming what seems from my left side when I'm on my bike. If I could pin point any area almost right under my knee. Took it to a local shop and he guessed Cam Chain Tensioner. Idk if that's right cause isn't that on the right side?

Idk. Chain maybe? Plugs? Doesn't effect bikes performance at all. Running strong. With ear plugs its unnoticeable, and it seems to lighten up once the bike warms up.

It's a 2006 13k with the last oil change done about 1500 miles ago. Full synthetic.

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

·
Registered
347 Posts
Plugs won't make a noise like that.

Unless you've got an overly tight engine then a noise like that is odd.

CCTs will cause a clattering noise rather than a "twisty metal noise".

Can you clarify the noise a little bit?

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Hey!

Quick question. I've got this rattling, twisty metal kind of noise coming what seems from my left side when I'm on my bike. If I could pin point any area almost right under my knee. Took it to a local shop and he guessed Cam Chain Tensioner. Idk if that's right cause isn't that on the right side?

Idk. Chain maybe? Plugs? Doesn't effect bikes performance at all. Running strong. With ear plugs its unnoticeable, and it seems to lighten up once the bike warms up.

It's a 2006 13k with the last oil change done about 1500 miles ago. Full synthetic.

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

A CCT will not make this sound at idle, it will start around 4-6K, and it sounds like to metal disc spinning in each other and slightly touching I guess it could be described as twisting metal,

if its at idle, check the oil level, if its at that range of RPMs it could be the CCT get a stock one so you wont have to worry about adjusting, you could ruin your motor if tightened to much,

if you can post a video of the sound, that will help

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket exhaust? Did you touch the EGCV?
The previous owners of my bike had tampered with the EGCV and after a while it got loose and was rattling.
Maybe something to check?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts