Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experiencing a rattling noise coming from the front of my bike around the tact while giving it gas. Regardless if i am accelerating, reving or just riding there is a constant rattle. I tried to tighten the windscreen and every other screw that i can find in that general area.

It doesn't not happen upon start up or idleing.

Has anybody else experienced this problem to???

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I can't say that i have experienced that particular problem, but I do know that I had some rattling in the front cowl after I accidentally broke part of the plastic's snap-fit piece. I used some weather stripping and stuffed it into the spot where i thought two plastics were rattling on each other and it seemed to help.

Maybe u have a chipped plastic somewhere on the front that is vibrating against another plastic or such.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
there has been a reported buzzing in the front of the 07 600rr supposedly something to do with the windscreen
when you hear the rattle start holding parts until you hear it go away. then thats the culprit

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
get used to it.
hondas are screwed together so well, they have to vibrate somewhere.

·
Registered
352 Posts
mine was in the windscreen down neer the 3rd eye, put in neutral and rev to where it starts buzzing then start looking and feeling around, youll find it

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had a rattle in the front of my '06. Never determined what it was. Went away on it's own. Won't be surprised if it reapers...

·
Registered
345 Posts
i placed a thin piece of foam padding under the windscreen, right above the third light.. noticed it after the first day of owning my 07.. i hate rattles..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts