Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k. I have a friend who has a Rc 51. I also have i friend who has a TL1000. Now i no that both of these are v-twin bikes. But i own i cbr 600 rr and if you look on the quater mile my bike beats both those bikes. Also i have just about the same about of horse power. My question is if we are on the free way and we race are we going to be even or will the so called 1000 win?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Larger motors will pull better @ higher speeds.. You will lose id think.. But Im not 100% sure because of the weight difference..

Keep it on the backroads!

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
on a roll on in the same gear you will defo lose with out a doubt. When it doesnt matter what gear and your just racing you defo have a chance. I beat my buddie on a 954rr in the 1/4 and he is a damn good rider. Our bikes scream abouve 9k!

·
Registered
392 Posts
I would figure with the large torque advantage those V twins have on the 600RR there would be no contest. My buddy beats me on his 929RR from a roll but its not as bad of a win when he went against my other friend's R1. . . R1 > 929RR, no, R1 pwn$ 929RR

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
I would be very interested to see the top end results. I have beaten several 1000s, but never been pitted @ topend against one.

·
Registered
876 Posts
farbio615 said:
on a roll on in the same gear you will defo lose with out a doubt. When it doesnt matter what gear and your just racing you defo have a chance. I beat my buddie on a 954rr in the 1/4 and he is a damn good rider. Our bikes scream abouve 9k!
Did you beat him on your 600RR? If you did then he is not a damn good rider. :lol:

·
Registered
237 Posts
They have a greater top end than you do and will when in an all out speed battle but yours should wind faster and thus that is why you see the faster 1/4 mile times.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
fondooo said:
O.k. I have a friend who has a Rc 51. I also have i friend who has a TL1000. Now i no that both of these are v-twin bikes. But i own i cbr 600 rr and if you look on the quater mile my bike beats both those bikes.
quarter mile times are influenced by rider, conditions, gearing, track, atmosphere - you want know for sure? take it to a track.

fondooo said:
Also i have just about the same about of horse power.
no, you have less horsepower and less torque. the 600RR is lighter.

fondooo said:
My question is if we are on the free way and we race are we going to be even or will the so called 1000 win?
Don't race on the freeway, take it to a track, analyze it, break it down and know without uncertainty.
The RC51 and the TL are not "so called" 1000's, they "ARE" 1000's.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Close match, completely stock I think the TL might get it assuming same rider. But it really comes down to riding skill, I have seen guys take 1000rr's to the track and run both in the high 11's to mid 9's on a stock bike

·
Registered
252 Posts
DUH.... everybody knows the RC51 goes 205 mph, who do you think is going to win?????

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
Since when was owning a street bike about being faster than someone else?

The v-twin engines have alot of spirit. They are livelier.

It's not just about getting from point a to point b. It's about HOW you get from point a to point b.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Ceph, find me a harley owner that can spin his v-twin up to 10800 RPM, and I might agree.

Enough of the nonsense. THE RC IS FASTER THAN THE RR. I have both. Many other members have both. As for quickness and being nimble... how much money are you willing to spend?

The RR is easy to ride fast. The RC takes some muscle to get her around a corner. I have fought hard with 'snowman' at Jennings when he was on his RR and me on the RC. I was shortshifting and he was giving me all kinds of fits. When I finally decided to unwind the motor, the RC would muscle past the RR.

This past weekend at Barber, I was on my RR. With some planning, I could out corner RCs onto the straight and carry momentum past them. I won no drag races against the RCs. Some were cutious and let me by as they knew i was faster in the corners, other just shut the door and there was nothing I could do til another corner.

Bikes and tracks are all about fun. If your main concern is not fun, you are going to miss out on the best part of every bike.

·
Registered
157 Posts
b4 I bought my rr I was considering a rc51. They are both fast, but in a different way I think. One thing that I really like about the rc51 is the sound!! When I was outside yesterday I heard one coming from a distance and just knew it was a rc51, a real distinct sound. I really think a guy needs both maybe??

Troy

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
I wan't an RC51 just because they are soo different. Gawd i love the deep twin sound, and they are just sooo different than most of the other bikes. I mean if you riding around with your friends and they are all on I4's, they won't be able to hear their cycles over the fact that they'll be listenin to your RC

1 - 20 of 38 Posts