Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if honda is finally going to discontinue to RC in 06 or are they going to make it for another year?

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
We prolly won't know till they release it all in sept. They've been sayin it's the last year for the RC for awhile, it's due to be gone. They haven't really ubdated it in like 3 or 4 yrs. So , who knows

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Now that AMA and WSB are letting the liter bikes run with the vtwins, there's no reason for it to exist. It will probably stay around as long as they've got extra parts to keep building them, but no longer. Right now there's an 03 sitting on the showroom floor at the local honda dealer still brand new.

·
5,253 Posts
They actually sell around here, but it's only b/c half the asshats around here don't know anything about bikes, and see the "1000R" on the side and bleive the salesmen when they say it's one of the fastest bikes made. I'm not doggin on the RC, i'm just saying around here guys buy them b/c they think they'll out run anything they see.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Just remember the TL has not been update since 1998 and it still sells. There is a market for a sport twin still. The SV1000 just doesn't get it done for a lot of people.

H

·
0 Posts
i like the way the RC looks.. but i do not know if it would be my first choice if i were to get a new bike...

·
Tell me I'm cool PLEASE!
811 Posts
If you've ever ridden an RC-51, you'll know why it's still around. The TL SUKS monkey balls.

·
5,253 Posts
I didn't think they made the TL anymore, or are you just talkin about it has resale?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think 03 was the last year for the TL. The RC is doomed. No reason for Honda to keep it since they don't race it anymore and just about everyone is selling them for 1000RR's. Since it's been priced about $800-$1K more than a 1000RR the writing is on the wall. To bad, it's a really great bike that is truly underappreciated by most of today's buyers.

·
5,253 Posts
When I got my 1000rr, i was actually lookin for a Rc-51, but the only place around here that still had one in stock was a dickhead dealer who said he could only go a hundred of MSRP. If they hadn't sold it, i had one lined out to buy for like 9200 it was an 05. But they sold it b/c i didn't tell them to hold it for me.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
so you happy you didnt get it bc you like the 1000rr better or no. I have rode the RC51 and thought it was fun as hell

·
5,253 Posts
See, thats the thing i've never riden an RC, Where i live (the middle of nowhere) there's only a coupla people that have bikes, and they are my close friends and they only bought then b/c i bought one last year. So there aren't many sportbikes around here, the next town over like 20mins away. there are some older guys taht ride busa's and blackbirds. There's one TLR there, but i don't know the guy and have only seen him drive by me when i was in my truck like once.

·
5,253 Posts
And don't get me wrong, i LOVE the 1000rr, here where i'm at it's all farm country, so there's LONG STRAIGHT roads, and thats it. The torque is damn nice, not havin to change gears and everything all the time. I love the bike, but i woulda loved the RC. I think i'll love anything i spend 10k on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts