Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i jz purchased a hotbodies undertail exhuast for my 05 600RR and after reading the instructions one thing caught my attention. REQUIRES RE-MAPPING and suggested to buy a power commander 3, to get its full potential. i have a micron dual tip exhaust and didn't recall this suggestion.
is this really necessary? What's gonna happen if i don't follow this step? will it hurt the engine? would really appreciate your suggestions...

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
it wont hurt the engine if you dont get a remap. The hotbodies undertail is only a slipon, no slip on NEEDS a remapping. When you get headers, its highly suggested. Ofcourse, if you want to get a pc3 and remap for your aftermarket slipon, then it will only make your bike better and improve throttle response as well as give you a few extra horses. But its not NEEDED, at all.

·
Registered
41 Posts
oneredrider, does your midpipe have holes for your stock heat shield to bolt on? My instructions said to but mine did not have the mounting holes. Also, the exhaust canister only bolted up on one side. Mine fits very solid just seems like I missed something.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oneredrider, does your midpipe have holes for your stock heat shield to bolt on? My instructions said to but mine did not have the mounting holes. Also, the exhaust canister only bolted up on one side. Mine fits very solid just seems like I missed something.
my exhaust just arrived yesterday. i haven't had the time to take out all the stock parts. i'm just wondering if i can use my stock mid pipe instead of the new one since they look almost identical. good luck on your installation and pls post some pics. i also have to paint it flat black so it will take some time for it to be installed on the bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it wont hurt the engine if you dont get a remap. The hotbodies undertail is only a slipon, no slip on NEEDS a remapping. When you get headers, its highly suggested. Ofcourse, if you want to get a pc3 and remap for your aftermarket slipon, then it will only make your bike better and improve throttle response as well as give you a few extra horses. But its not NEEDED, at all.
thanks for your reply. that really saves me a bunch of money since PW 3 cost almost $300 + remapping. i ride my bike just for pleasure never on the race track.

·
Registered
974 Posts
People who recommend not tuning are brainless fools. If you are going to paint it use rustoleum bbq black and make sure you prep it correctly and use several coats.

The only real way is to put it on a dyno or just assume the same company you trust to build your exhaust has enough experience to know what they are doing. Find a local dyno and see what they charge for 1 run with AFR readings and printout. Problem is the tuner will probably slap you for listening to dumb people on the internet tell you not to tune the bike. As where you are going to lose the most pickup is the low end where you ride on the street. BTW all exhausts are not the same, the hot bodies is a race exhaust with likely a bigger core and shorter tubing which really affects the power curve alot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts