Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I will make this as brief as possible.....so I recently bought an 05' rr (5 months ago) and have had various problems with it ranging from engine problems (low compression in all 4 cylinders) and putting $3,500 to get a whole new engine case....to multiple electrical problems. These electrical problems seem to keep popping up when I least expect them (well i guess you don't really expect for these things to happen). Apparently the guy before me did a terrible job wiring stuff because there are wires hanging out all over the place. He has it so that I cannot switch my headlights from low to high....and it is always on high. This isn't that much of a problem but rather more annoying. Most recently the bike woundn't start because some ground wires got loose. A few months back I had a licensed Honda mechanic in Columbus (Northeast Honda I believe) check out my bike and he said that "there shouldn't be all these wires going all over the place, they should be tucked in."
To be plain and simple, I wondered what you guys think about at the end of this season, or possibly even now, bringing my bike to a certified Honda place and telling them to re-wire the entire bike. I would assume that this could take quite a bit of time, but it would relieve my headaches. Additionally, it would make me less anxious everytime I go to turn on my bike and pray that it starts. I was wondering on whether or not you guys think this is a good solution and how much you think a procedure like this would cost....thx again and I apologize for being long winded!:director:

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Buy a manual and a wiring harness. It's not that hard with the stock harness. Only so many plugs and connections. Remove what he did and replace with a new harness. Done. Dealer is going to cost a bunch of $$$$ to do this. T

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

Buy a manual and a wiring harness. It's not that hard with the stock harness. Only so many plugs and connections. Remove what he did and replace with a new harness. Done. Dealer is going to cost a bunch of $$$$ to do this. T

I got a manual from here...so that means im halfway there i guess.....so just a new harness....ok thx...i appreciate it bro!:icon_lol:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but if i am not mechanically inclined...would that mean that I should buy the harness and then let them put it in for me?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I live not far from you and could help you out.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help!

I live not far from you and could help you out.
dude that would be awesome...I would definetly pay you for your time and troubles....let me kno days that are good for you and after I buy the harness I can hit you up on those days!!!! I really appreciate it!!!:toothy4:

you dont really need to be mechanically inclined to do it. all you need is a few wrenches.
would you laugh at me if I told you that all i own is an allan wrench? (and I'm not 100% sure I even spelled that right).....:laughing5

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
It's not hard but a helping hand would be great. You can learn alot from doing this. T

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not hard but a helping hand would be great. You can learn alot from doing this. T

Good point T.....that's my hope! Thanks again for all your help

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
.....wanted to give everyone an update.....i have had no problems thus far from my bike...thx to the re-wiring job by QuikAccord.....a real stand up guy....my hat is off to him.....i couldn't have done it w/out his help!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Just glad I could help.

·
Registered
442 Posts
.....wanted to give everyone an update.....i have had no problems thus far from my bike...thx to the re-wiring job by QuikAccord.....a real stand up guy....my hat is off to him.....i couldn't have done it w/out his help!
Hey ! Great news!

I have an 05 with similar issues. I get an occassional
stall. Then when I try to fire it up I get all lights on for check,
fuel pump primes, engine fires but then won't stay running after
releasing the starter switch. Usually it coincides with the headlights
not working.

What harness did you replace?
the large wiring harness from the gas tank back, or the smaller
one gas tank and forward?

-Akira

·
Registered
363 Posts
ALL of it. lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
yeah so i got an o5 lol also and fuel pump wont prime or injectors fire and harness is thrashed got a new harness but from an 04 and realize some plugs wont match up but im lookin at some different color wires and totally different stuff i took so pics and just wanted some help on this. i need to order a shop manual.

·
Registered
543 Posts
dang all these riders in dayton now that im not around anymore ha.... sounds interesting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts