Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After some noobs rudely messed up my thread and got locked, i decided to start a new thread. As this is a public forum which i browse everyday and is very informative which i have gained alot of knowledge. If i knew my thread was going to be gunned down by some imature idiots i would have not posted, but im not going to give them that satisfaction.

As posted before, i ride a grafitti edition with 10 000kms, leo vince slip on and im not sure if a sprocket conversion has been done as i bought the bike with 4500kms and i just added a slipon.

These bikes can do top speeds up to 280kms but i cant get pass 245kms. What could it be.

These speeds was done over the weekend on our Sunday early morning run on a open farm road with no traffic. As you know we have alot of nice open roads on the wine routes in South Africa Cape Town with some nice twisties as well A buddy of mine manage to get 272km on his cbr 600 05 model wen we went on our bike run.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Your thread wasn't locked because of noobs...it was locked because this forum doesn't promote the type of behaviour that you're condoning in this thread.

Why would you EVER care about going that fast on a public road? Take it to the track.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Every single Vehicle in the world has a top speed of Xxx on the dash. Just because it has a top speed on the dash does not mean it will reach it. Just look at the Veyron for example.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Your thread wasn't locked because of noobs...it was locked because this forum doesn't promote the type of behaviour that you're condoning in this thread.

Why would you EVER care about going that fast on a public road? Take it to the track.
I agree with this statement. I still gave him an answer so he can shut up.

I find it funny though because he is calling us all idiots yet he asks us for answers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with this statement. I still gave him an answer so he can shut up.

I find it funny though because he is calling us all idiots yet he asks us for answers.
Whats wrong with attempting to take your bike to the max it can go, while i know alot bikers that do. Im not calling you all idiots i was refering to those that replied with negative comments.

·
Modcake with sprinkles
9,039 Posts
As a mod I can tell you we lock threads because its either promoting illegal activity or because its gone way off topic or because it has no reason being a thread.

So im going to help you with this much advice.... Yes this is a public forum so you are going to receive the public input majority of the public on here do not condone activity like trying to max your bike out on public roads. They dont care about what you do to yourself its the chance of harming another person on the road.

So to answer your question... there are a lot of factors as pointed out in your last thread.

As X said:

Who gives a **** why he wants to go that fast, he has a technical question.

OP, the max speed as calculated by redline in 6th is going to be difficult to hit. The actual top speed is going to depend on HP and wind resistance etc.
So you are free to ask these questions about maxing your bike out on public roads but you will receive negative response.. If its just retarded spamming flaming we will take care of it but dont get mad if we lock because no body wants to help because they dont agree.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Whats wrong with attempting to take your bike to the max it can go, while i know alot bikers that do. Im not calling you all idiots i was refering to those that replied with negative comments.
besides the fact that at the top speed of these bikes

that if a car were to show up you wouldnt be able to react to it fast enough to get stoped because you may or may not be able to see it

and then when you hit that persons car the likely hood of death on BOTH parties, including the innocent party, is EXTREEMLY high ...

and then even if that doesnt happen you get tagged by the cops, likely you dont give a ****, and you keep it pinned and run from the cops

causing the cops to hate us

or you wreck your bike, kill your self, cause other damage that your insurance company has to pay out, and thus we end up having a higher premium because they can justify the increase that much more because some arrogant person thought that it was just a little bit of fun, that has cased a cascade effect of screw every one over while i have fun.....

see where this gets going?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And the flaming starts with no positive feedback. Guess this is not the forum i thought it would be helping fellow honda ethusiasts.

Im fully aware of the concequences, but like i said it was done a road with no traffic.
So thanks for assisting with not answering a simple technical question.

·
Modcake with sprinkles
9,039 Posts
Okay.... So I will Repost all these Helpful posts that obviously you didnt answer or you didnt care to read... in your last thread...

Did you change the gearing on the bike, like -1,+2 sprockets? If so, that takes away top speed...
Who gives a **** why he wants to go that fast, he has a technical question.

OP, the max speed as calculated by redline in 6th is going to be difficult to hit. The actual top speed is going to depend on HP and wind resistance etc.
Idk kph in relation to MPH but what do you mean its maxed out? 6th gear bouncing off Rev limiter? Won't go past certain rpm? You buy the bike new or used, and have you ever gone to 280kph before on this bike?

Sent from my Precedent using Motorcycle.com App
i dont believe their is any governor on any 600 in america... ive head because of the speed treaty in america our liter bikes have a governor at 186-187 and the bike shut down.... i am sure their are other reasons to why your bike didnt continue to clime to 173.. but youll probably stop accelerating around 160 even with a slip on a/f...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
And the flaming starts with no positive feedback. Guess this is not the forum i thought it would be helping fellow honda ethusiasts.

Im fully aware of the concequences, but like i said it was done a road with no traffic.
So thanks for assisting with not answering a simple technical question.
SMH. Some people do not know how to read.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im not to sure if the gearing has been changed as i bought the bike used.

In 6th gear it doesnt wana go pass 13000rpm at that speed. I stand to be corrected about the rpm, but there was enuf revs to go more but the bike just didnt allow it to.

·
Registered
417 Posts
checking the sprocket teeth count will help, 43t is stock rear and not sure of the front off top of my head but you can manually count the teeth to see if its been changed. Could account for lost in top speed but increase in acceleration.

note: on the sprocket there should be 43t, 44t, 45t etc on it somewhere to show the count, might have to clean it to find it : /

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am thinking wind resistance myself like i had post on your last thread, even though i still put in my opinion about going that fast, i got my bike up to 120mph and the wind felt like it was going to rip me right off the bike and i was tucked as much as my bike and body would allow. So all in all there could be alot of things thats stopping you like drag, air temp, road surface and angle, fuel, your body weight, and what direction the wind is blowing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe you're just fatter than your friend and the bike can't take your weight to the max? Read the fawking answer to your question and take it as is!
Yes im bigger than my friend with lots of muscle and will hit it you in your ma se poes:gun1:

Thnx to those that answered my question.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Max that baby out. But we will know what happened when you dont repost. So best of luck. 160-170 is all i seen and not a big fan of that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.