Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so,
Ive wanted to do the Repsol paint scheme for some time but main excuse is being lazy and I havent gotten around to it.
So, after going to Laguna Seca and seeing the Repsol bikes first hand I have decided to go through with it.
My question is what is the REAL color that Repsol uses on the Motogp bikes. I did a few searches and couldnt find any answers but saw that a few other people say the same thing. The CBR replica just dosent have the color that the Motogp bikes do. The orange they use on the race bikes is crazy bright.
After looking at the 1000rr Repsols the orange looks so dull compared to the race bike. If Im going to do this I would like to do this right.
Any help would be great.
Looking for the color code if anyone knows.

·
Registered
223 Posts
YR-181 Valencia Orange. Is the color code that Honda claims as their orange. They will probably never release the official mix to the general public.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
when i lived in cleveland, working at a Dupont automotive paint store, we had 2 camera's that you could lay on a 2x3 sample of paint and duplicate the color. worked very very well. solid colors were dead nuts. we were able to duplicate Yamaha's metalic pearl blue for my cousin's R6. Most bike manufactuers don't release their paint codes for some reason. I call it selfish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts