Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine had a crash and i am pretty sure all the stuff on front isn't bent, but it does feel a bit tweaked. i have heard that you can loosen up each fork in the triple clamps and they will settle back in straight.

does this make sense and is this the correct way to do this?

thanks guys.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I did that on mine after my crash. Loosen everything up and tighten the bottom clamp first. As long as nothing is bent it should line back up.

·
Registered
937 Posts
No you loosen both of them so make sure the bike is supported good or it will drop. Make sure the tubes are in the same place height wise when you tighten them back down.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what can i use to support the front if i don't have a stand and where should i support it from?

·
Registered
937 Posts
I hooked two ratchet straps under the lower triple clamp and then too the rafters in my garage. After it was up in the air I put some Jackstands under the frame sliders just to help support it a little. I had all the plastic off the bike so it was easy to get to. The back of the bike was on my rear stand. It was pretty stable that way.

·
Registered
730 Posts
You could wrap a rope or tie down under the triple clamp and hang it from a roof truss. That or have a couple strong dudes hold the tie down while someone else works on the forks.

Oh yeah, make sure you set the caster and toe too. :lol2:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what is the cheapest front stand that doesn't mount to the forks? i don't think redline or handystands make them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts