Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a major service to my F4i right now. Fork seals,bushings and fluid, front brake pads, valve clearances, coolant flush, throttle body cleaning and sync, waxing unit setting, and swear I don't remember everything being this pain in the ass the other times.
-The allen bolts on the bottem of the forks just spin and spin. Impact, air, electric, by hand, doesn't matter. They loosen up enough to leak but won't come out. Probably the most annoying thing on the list.
-I can never measure valve clearance for the intake valves on cylinders #2 and 3 easily. Every other valve, intake and exhaust, measure real nice and easy like. Not these 4. They hate me and make life difficult every time I do valves.
-The bike is metric, every bolt and nut. EXCEPT for the cam chain tensioner lifter. So bust out the standerds for that one single application. Dumb.
-Throttle cable attachment at the throttle bodies. Anyone whos taken off and reattached both cable ends knows what I'm talking about. Almost a 2person job.

·
Registered
862 Posts
When the oil jets out like it's pressurized during a change all over the shop floor instead of into the catch can...

When the said oil jettisons the washer in the opposite corner of the workshop.

Trying to take out the oil filter that's been put on with the wrath of god by an incompetent mechanic.

Nutserts refusing to catch when putting the fairings back on - Though this may be the result of a poor selection of the bolt kit.

Forgetting that the battery was disconnected for electrical work and chasing imaginary gremlins.

Filthy chain grime spatter getting everywhere during a clean.

Forgetting to take out the horn and trying to use a head stand.

·
Registered
874 Posts
...pretty much anything the stupid previous owner did
Pretty much this...

Not on my CBR (my cbr was like brand new, 100% stock never messed with) but my VFR800. Some idiot snapped one of the fender bolts off, so when I did the fender eliminator, something that should have been a 20 minute project, turned into a 4 hour **** show with a thread cutter.

Other than that my major thing with maintenance is the oil filter on my CBR requires unbolting and relocating the coolant res because of my arrow headers... well worth it though :)

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
trying to locate the 10mm and 12mm socket, I always put them somewhere so I don't forget and you know what happens then...

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
When the oil jets out like it's pressurized during a change all over the shop floor instead of into the catch can...

Nutserts refusing to catch when putting the fairings back on - Though this may be the result of a poor selection of the bolt kit.
THIS drives me nuts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts