Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well friday i head to my summer home with my parents set my keys to my motorcycle and lock on the top of a coat rack thing. come back and want to go for a ride today look for my keys and there gone. look on the ground in the coats, shoes, etc to no avail. so i call up my brother ask him if he maybe knew where they were or took it for a ride he said no then i ask if he had people over the house he also said no. i ask the next door neighbor if they knew if anyone was at the house over the weekend and they tell me yeh some heavy set black kid, im thinking "great just what i wanted to hear". call my brother and ask him who it might be he still tells me no one was there. i go to the store after stashing my bike somewhere safe and theres one of my brothers friends there and i ask if he was at my house or knew who was at the house. his friend said to me " yeah me this kid troy and some girl" and " kyle (my brother) just texted me saying how could you take my brothers bike keys thats real messed up." so the fact is my brother DID have people at the house, and someone now has my keys The kid also told me how my brother was upstair snorting lines of cocaine.

So now my point is, does anyone know how much it is for a whole ignition and key set up for a bike and to have it installed.?

Im so aggervated to the point that if its anywhere near where i think it will cost im just selling the bike to someone out of town somewhere. I've already had one stolen from me and lost alot of money im not even gunna think about risking this one.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
get your colt 45 and or a louisville slugger and find that fat kid and get your keys back. while you are at it give your brother a good smack upside the head and tell him to cut the sh*t.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
That blows man. If that were my brother, he'd be getting a good "brotherly ass whooping" for sure. If not for being stupid and lying, then for sniffing lines. I've been on that stuff and got off of it years ago. If I find out that any of my friends or family is doing that sh!t, they will have something coming their way that they aren't expecting.

If I were you, I'd just look into getting a new ignition rather than selling the bike. It's just a sh!tty situation that is more than likely going to cost you money because of another person's stupid actions.

Hope you get it all worked out man.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Whoop that fat kids ass!

Also you dont need a new ignition. Just remove it and bring it to the dealer or to a locksmith and they can get you a key cut for like 30 bucks or something.

edit: oh I get it, your worried about this kit jacking your bike...hmmm...Id say get a mean mean dog.

·
Registered
458 Posts
nah do do exactly that..haha.. a buddy of mine had to replace his ignition set (someone fvcked the keyhole up with something while we were in a bar) cost him a couple hundred (with instalation) but he had to show the title...good thing i guess because I figure most places dont want to be working of stolen shyte.

·
Registered
300 Posts
get your colt 45 and or a louisville slugger and find that fat kid and get your keys back. while you are at it give your brother a good smack upside the head and tell him to cut the sh*t.
LOL!!!!

Man, that's the funniest sheit I've heard all week

.....oh wait a minute, it's only monday.....:banghead:

·
Registered
458 Posts
i want a whole new ignition and key set not to get a key made? and what do you mean nah do do exactly that?
when you said "yeah ill do exactly that" i meant to write "no don't do exactly that".....anyway

thats what I meant.....to have his whole ignition replaced (w/new key) it was a couple hundred for the part and labor.

·
Registered
901 Posts
any decent dealer can pull your ignition cyclinder and re key it you can then make a key by the pin numbers you install you put in it . very simple takes and hr

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Back when I had the honda ruckus, a new ignigion, helmet lock, and gas tank cap costed me 220 offline.

You would PROBABLY need a stripped screw remover to remove the special security screws holding everything on there. I even had to use a grinder for a few bolts.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im gunna go to the local shop and ask them the cost for parts labor all that in and out.. if its 400-500 im gunna say ok nevermind come back home and put the bike up for sale.. just gotta figure out a price lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
I smell a conspiracy. Your brother was in on it with the fat kid to steal your bike and then sell it for coke money. Why else would he be lying about everything?

·
Registered
820 Posts
just get a complete set off ebay cheap and easy you wont get nothing for a bike that people cant hear run! let alone gotta work on it after they buy it

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I don't know how old both you and your brother are, but I would personally be putting my brother into the hurt locker right about now.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
you could always tell on him to your mom. i know my mom would whoooooooop my ass if she had even a hint of something like that going on.

all kidding aside,

get your brother to get the key back. its his friend. is there a reason why you would rather spend hundreds of dollars to get everything re-keyed?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
You can take the L'ville and colt .45 advice or since you know who has your keys, get in touch with your local LEOS. I'm sure they'd love to slap some charges on him. I think that's along the lines of grand theft somewhere. Hey, do that then use the L'ville on your brother, if he does it again, dust off the colt!! Just my .02 C

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
then again....this kid could have a copy of the key. make lil bro pay for your ignition

1 - 20 of 53 Posts