Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first let me start off by saying that I went to college for Criminal Justice, moved here to Texas to try and get on San Antonio PD. So, generally I side with LE on most cases. I'm biased to there side. And also, I generally admitt to something when in the wrong..So I'm stating that because this is truely not a "I GO SCREWED BY A COP!...even though he was right" thread.

Here we go...

Tonight on my way to work on Southbound 281 I was riding 63 in a 65 side by side with a unmarked cop car (i knew it was an unmarked thats why I wasn't speeding nor pass him).

He slows way down, and starts to move in behind me...AS SOON and I mean AS SOON as his Passenger side got into my lane (he was on the left I was in the right lane) the RED and BLUES come on...So, I, being respectful and not thinking I did anything wrong pulled over, took my helmet off, took my keys out of the ignition and put them on my gas tank...

He gets out...

Officer: "I can't see your license plate..."
ME: "Sorry sir, I just got this bike a month ago and have shown plenty of Officers and they never mentioned it, I'll get it fixed"
Officer: " That means, you've had a month to fix it."
ME: "Sorry sir, I actually moved down here to get on the PD, so I'm really not trying to do anything illegal and if I would have known I would have fixed it."
Officer: **Starts walking around the bike for the 1st time** "You also don't have any turn signals (I HAVE FRONT AND REAR HOTBODIES FLUSH MOUNTS)"
ME: "Yes, I do they are right here **pointed to both front and back"
Officer:"Well the back ones are pointed down and I can't see them!"
ME:**Thinking WTF? You can see them clear as day!!!!** "Ok"
Officer: **Walk around of bike #2** "You also don't have reflectors in the front of rear, you need 2 in the front and 5 in the rear"
ME: "Ok, I have 4 on the license plate"
Officer:"There needs to be two on each side and one in the center"
ME: "OK"
Officer: **Starts walk around of bike #3**Then goes into SUV**
ME: **Leaning up against the side barrier of the road helmet, keys on bike**
Officer: "You need to get that stuff fixed and if you do then they will dismiss this ticket but you need to show up to court"
ME: **Looking at the ticket SCREAMING WTF!!!!!!!!! in my head** $486 ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously I am beyond pissed off. He pulled me over strictly because I was on a sportbike and was just looking for things to rack up the price and charges!

So does anyone have some reflectors I can have so I can get this damn thing dismissed?lol
And if anyone knows or is related to Officer C. Blackden....give him a BIG :fock:for me! I'll see you in court sir!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And yes, I'll admitt my plate probably isn't in the best place, but it is VERY visible! here is a pic of it kinda, and you can also see my rear turn signals to the left and right or my exhaust...

·
Registered
554 Posts
at least you can dismiss it, some cops just mean to motorcyclists. I never seen cars got pulled over because dim or broken lights.
and it was probably the end of the month, so go figure.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Is that a Comp Werkes FE?
I've never had a problem with that kinda stuff. State Trooper told me all my stuff was legal, but that I needed to get a reflector for the back. I got the same reflectors you have on your plate.
Yeah, cops and their ****'n quotas.
Seriously, most of them are total assholes.
*awaits "shut up and pay your ticket" comment from resident idiot BucsAnthem.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i have reflectors you can borrow if you want but i'd want them back when you are done. PM me if you are interested.

that sucks dude. i feel your pain except my incident got me 30 days in county. :(

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have reflectors you can borrow if you want but i'd want them back when you are done. PM me if you are interested.

that sucks dude. i feel your pain except my incident got me 30 days in county. :(
30 days? what did you do, run?! lol. And Yes I might need to borrow your reflectors, I'll look around locally and see if I can't find anything.

I understand its his job, but stuff like this, should be a Warning ticket to get it fixed. Its not like my plate is flipped down and I ran from him or anything. I even asked an Officer downtown and told him the story and he pretty much said it was BS and just put everything on and go to court to get rid of it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think your thread title says it all... What a D-Bag. Who's anal enough to know the number of reflectors you need on the rear!? And then to cite you for it? What's the crime rate there, 0%? It would have to be for officers to have enough time to know how many reflectors need to be on the rear of a motorcycle!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
got pulled over for the same thing by the same officer, the reflector thing was four citations on my ticket. Had two other citations for stupid crap. Got everything dismissed when I went to court.

·
Registered
752 Posts
He was having a bad day and did no get any ass the night before. He came down hard on you for BS tickets. Not only did he waste your time but he wasted his time by making a pathetic stop.. Useless, I say.

If I was the Judge looking at the case, I would just shake my head.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Well.....

If the cop was following the letter of the law, then it's at his discrection to do so.

Get it fixed.
its a cops job to up hold the law (all laws), not his discetion to up hold some or even most of the laws. if hes gonna nit pick motorcycles, hes gotta nit pick all vehicals...thats the law. my uncle's a cop, and respect them for what they do but some cops r just d-bags.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got pulled over for the same thing by the same officer, the reflector thing was four citations on my ticket. Had two other citations for stupid crap. Got everything dismissed when I went to court.

So did you stick the reflectors back on and move your plate for court? Send me a PM with everything I need to do. :five:

I got 2 citations for "Operating an Unsafe Vehicle" and one "Display Unclean/Unclear Lincense Plate".

Also, my g/fs friend's husband got pulled over by the same Officer and was a **** to him, and he was in a car!

Judge probably hates this guy!

·
Registered
267 Posts
its a cops job to up hold the law (all laws), not his discetion to up hold some or even most of the laws. if hes gonna nit pick motorcycles, hes gotta nit pick all vehicals...thats the law. my uncle's a cop, and respect them for what they do but some cops r just d-bags.

Ooooooooh no sir, not according to Colorado State Troopers. I was informed by the Sergeant that they CAN pick and choose which laws apply to which people. No ****, straight from the fucktards mouth.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
That's not true. The officer has wide discretion in applying the law. He cannot apply law that is not germane, nor reinterpret law, but he does NOT _have_ to give tickets for violations he witnesses, nor does he need to apply the same standard for giving tickets to those whom he gives tickets, as long as the ticketed person is, in fact, in violation of the law the officer is ticketing for.

In other words, an officer of the law is under no obligation to cite every offense he witnesses and may use his discretion to cite or not, based on whatever criteria he feels like, as long as his criteria do not violate some other law (e.g. civil rights -- giving tickets to only purple people).

·
Registered
753 Posts
That's not true. The officer has wide discretion in applying the law. He cannot apply law that is not germane, nor reinterpret law, but he does NOT _have_ to give tickets for violations he witnesses, nor does he need to apply the same standard for giving tickets to those whom he gives tickets, as long as the ticketed person is, in fact, in violation of the law the officer is ticketing for.

In other words, an officer of the law is under no obligation to cite every offense he witnesses and may use his discretion to cite or not, based on whatever criteria he feels like, as long as his criteria do not violate some other law (e.g. civil rights -- giving tickets to only purple people).
Very true.

I know modding is a way of life for some people, but many modifications, even if boasted by the manufacture to be "DOT Legal" are in fact not. An exhaust is the first modification many people make, however on the open road, I don't think any exhaust is legal except the one that comes with the bike.

You're right, it does suck, and the cops could be more lenient, but if I was a cop, I probably wouldn't be. If daily I heard, read stories of, or saw sport bikes pulling wheelies, doing triple digits, and running from the law, I'd be a **** about everything I could. Nobody likes their authority to be challenged, and since more then a few of us choose to be irresponsible with their bikes, everyone on a sport bike must suffer.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Very true.

I know modding is a way of life for some people, but many modifications, even if boasted by the manufacture to be "DOT Legal" are in fact not. An exhaust is the first modification many people make, however on the open road, I don't think any exhaust is legal except the one that comes with the bike.

You're right, it does suck, and the cops could be more lenient, but if I was a cop, I probably wouldn't be. If daily I heard, read stories of, or saw sport bikes pulling wheelies, doing triple digits, and running from the law, I'd be a **** about everything I could. Nobody likes their authority to be challenged, and since more then a few of us choose to be irresponsible with their bikes, everyone on a sport bike must suffer.
True.......no one likes "da man".....when he comes down on the them....

....but, they holla like hell when they need him....LOL!!!!!!

you can sense the irony in that:five:

·
Registered
783 Posts
True.......no one likes "da man".....when he comes down on the them....

....but, they holla like hell when they need him....LOL!!!!!!

you can sense the irony in that:five:
I wouldn't call a cop for nothing.
Half the time they are utterly ineffective, are not obliged to, nor are they legally liable to protect anyone. They show up AFTER the fact, and oftentimes far too late.

The one time I called the cops (for insurance claim purposes), the assclown comes into my house, ID's me, then asks me for everything but DNA samples (which he spends more than 5 minutes doing so), runs my friggin license to see if I have wants or warrants, then spends all of 1 totally disinterested minute talking about my stolen lawnmower, tools, weedeater etc etc etc.

Yeah, the domesticated idiots might call you guys, but the thinking people usually don't want **** to do with you, and for good reason.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I wouldn't call a cop for nothing.
Half the time they are utterly ineffective, are not obliged to, nor are the legally liable to protect anyone. They show up AFTER the fact, and oftentimes far too late.

The one time I called the cops (for insurance claim purposes), the assclown comes into my house, ID's me, then asks me for everything but DNA samples (which he spends more than 5 minutes doing so), runs my friggin license to see if I have wants or warrants, then spends all of 1 totally disinterested minute talking about my stolen lawnmower, tools, weedeater etc etc etc.

Yeah, the domesticated idiots might call you guys, but the thinking people usually don't want **** to do with you, and for good reason.
+1

1 - 20 of 23 Posts