Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just did a few things to the bike. among them I replaced my rear brake line with a new stainless and everything works fine. but the brake light doesnt light up with the foot brake only. i must apply the front brake for it to light up. what could possibly be going on? this may have been a pre-existing problem as I dont use the rear brake much and never really checked to notice before....

D

·
0 Posts
Check the pressure switch that's connected to the brake lever if you're on stock rearsets or the one on the master cylinder if you have aftermarket rearsets. Personally, my rear brake light switch has been removed. You don't need the rear brake to stop.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i know that. it was just something I noticed. ive been riding around without a rear brake for weeks. when I bought the bike it was stretched and had a loooooongggg stainless line. so when I took the extension off i had this long ass brake line and it kind of looped up around the rear m/c. so i finally got around to getting a stock length russell stainless and after getting everythin get up and working I noticed that applying the rear brake wouldnt light up the tail.

figured if it was an easy fix might as well do it.

D

·
0 Posts
yeah, i know that. it was just something I noticed. ive been riding around without a rear brake for weeks. when I bought the bike it was stretched and had a loooooongggg stainless line. so when I took the extension off i had this long ass brake line and it kind of looped up around the rear m/c. so i finally got around to getting a stock length russell stainless and after getting everythin get up and working I noticed that applying the rear brake wouldnt light up the tail.

figured if it was an easy fix might as well do it.
The light isn't actuated by fluid pressure unless you're running aftermarket rearsets with a fluid pressure switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts