Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so the rear brake pedal feels spongy. after i bled the rear it felt rock hard for about a week or so, and then it slowly started getting spongy again. my brake pads were a little worn so i replaced them and bled rear again to get it rock hard. after a week or so, it got spongy again. what could be the issue?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
sounds like a bad master...your not leaking any fluid anywhere correct?

·
Registered
28 Posts
For the future, if you do not disconnect the brake line or open the brake line and simply replace the pads, there is no need to bleed the brakes. Even if you open the resivour to top off fluid, there is not a need to bleed the brakes. Only when you open the line and allow air to enter the system.
Agree could be the MC but inspect all other brake components first. Use a paper towel and wipe down all brake lines. The paper towel will obviously show if you have even a minimal amount of brake fluid leaking. Check the cap and or seal on the rear resivour to make sure no air is being pulled in.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
i fking hate the rear brake so much for so many different reasons. Sorry to hear that yours is being a little btch. /rant

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
First things first. Before you go tearing stuff apart, check for air bubbles that may have entered the system during your brake bleeding process. What you can do is take the cap off and pinch the master cylinder reservoir lines, if there is air, bubbles will float up to the res. Another way is to just start bleeding the brakes again and checking for trapped air. If there isn't any, then you can start looking elsewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts