Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to bikes so still learning the ins and out. So o got a used 07 600rr. Problem I’m having is rear brake is squishy. I’ll bleed it and it will be firm and proper but then about a week later it back to being squishy. At 1st it was able to lock rear wheel if you pressed all the way now it won’t. Not sure how it’s getting air In there.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Make sure caliper pistons are clean and move freely when pressure applied.
If I get an air bubble, it's usually at the top end of the MC.
I take the MC off its bracket, turn it upside down and bleed it through caliper by lowering the MC below caliper and working bubble out of system at caliper.
I use a vac bleeder, and teflon tape the bleed fitting threads so I'm not sucking air into the fitting as i bleed........

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
you probably don't need the tape if your not using a vac bleeder, the reason for the tape is the vac pulls air into system past the bleed nipple threads....and makes it more difficult to bleed ALL the air out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you probably don't need the tape if your not using a vac bleeder, the reason for the tape is the vac pulls air into system past the bleed nipple threads....and makes it more difficult to bleed ALL the air out.
Ah ok. Might buy one and use it on truck too. Seems like a handy tool. Seems the Pittsburgh one from harbor freight works fine, least what the videos saying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts