Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Proud new owner of a '03 600rr, and new to this forum. I was hoping someone could help me out with a break light issue:

When I use my rear (foot) brake, the brake light responds and lights up correctly, but every time I use my front (hand) brake, the brake light DOES NOT light up? Is there a simple fix or do I need to take it in to the shop?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
does the front brake click when you pull it.

that clicking is the brake switch coming on.

there should a small square box under the master cylinder with 2 wires going into it.

that is your brake switch.

if you pull those two wires off and connect the terminals of the wires together the brake light should come on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when i looked at my brake switch the two wires weren't even connected! so i connected them to the brake switch and now the brake lights stay on all the time?

if i disconnect them, then only the foot brake makes the break light light up, but the handbrake doesn't???

any more suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My brake light is non responsive to hand brake?!

I noticed this morning on my way to work that my break light doesn't light up with i press my hand brake, but it does when i press my foot brake.

I checked out my break switch, and the two wires were completely disconnected from the break switch. So when i re-attached them, the break light is continuously on, regardless of whether or not i'm pressing the breaks............then i switched around the connection the brake light goes off, but doesn't react to me pressing the breaks??

any guidance on a quick fix?

thanks

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
sounds like they unhooked it because there is a short in the switch.
all that switch does is complete the circuit.
sounds like you need a new switch

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have this same problem but in reverse, mine lights up fine with the hand brake but nothing for the foot brake... is there a switch for the back as well?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts