Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made a post here but in wrong section sorry

Hi all due to this blasted weather was doing a bit of maintenance on my '04 RR and wouldnt you know the bottom part of my master brake cylinder (the eye piece) has just disintegrated

My question does the RR5 RR6 fit this bike?
If so is it just a straight fit or do I need extra bits? as I can get hold of one of these quite quickly

Thanks

·
BOTM Winner 02/15
237 Posts
The whole master cylinder of the 2003-2006 RR's are pretty much the same. I also have a 2006 Nissin master cylinder mounted on my 2004 its a straight fit.

The breaking of the bottom eye piece is a known and common problem by the way for the 2003-2004 CBR600RRs and there is a recall on that here in Europe. Just take it to a Honda dealer and they will repair it for free.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that reply I have contacted my local Honda Dealer : Victor Devine through an email
Will wait and see if they reply and know about this issue.

So the RR5 fits.. interesting :shakehand

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well just an update...
Victor devine contacted me and was going to go ahead but need my VIN Number which I gave them, but to my dismay my bike is an import :banghead:
I didnt have any clue since I have owned the bike over 4 years and 2nd owner...
Just as well, that I have the part and just do it myself :cruising:

Just shows you some ppl dont mention this when selling a bike and only did the quick security check for hpi and if stolen etc.
They did ask me if the headlights went the opposite way but there correct for where I stay in the UK
Also they mentioned the only way of telling on the bike is where the VIN Number plate is on the bike there should be an engine number below this or not and thats one way of telling

1 - 5 of 5 Posts