Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so in an effort to learn and save a little money, i decided to change my rear brake pads myself. I found a vid on youtube of a guy saying that you had to take the rear wheel off to change the pads. I understand now that you dont have to, but whatever, too late now. Anyways, i replaced the pads, threw the wheel back on, and took it down the street to see if everything was cool. My back breaks didnt feel like they worked at all. I looked at the breaks and noticed the piston wasnt sitting against the pad flushly. Even when i push the break lever, the piston wont push all the way against the pad. Like theirs something keeping it offset. Any advise would be great! Im new to the forum, so if im going about anything incorrectly, please let me know!

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Did you end up pushing the piston back when you installed the new pads? Did you check the condition of the piston and is there any rust or corrosion on it? Did you lose any fluid anywhere? Are you 100% sure the pads and retainers are where they need to be? Did you lubricate and clean everything before you put the pads in?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the piston is fine, the only thing im seem to having problems with is getting the pads to stay in the caliper without dropping down slightly on the side without the pin. I had taken the spring deal out to check its condition, and im pretty positive it in correctly. Instead of taking the entire wheel off, im just taking the far right allen bolt out so the caliper will swing up.. but the pads will not stay in the notch opposite the pin side. Ive pushed the piston back in, and the fluid level is fine, but it just doesnt seem to fit. Pads are the same except for the thickness obviously.. i can find any pics or vids of someone changing pads on an 08 600rr, so im kinda in the dark..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts