Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I made a stupid/careless mistake when I changed my tire and put it back on the bike I did not put the rear brake caliper arm back in the slot on the swingarm instead it was just resting on top of the slot. when stopping in a forward motion it was not a problem that I forgot to do that, but as I found out about an hour ago it is a problem while backing your bike up and using the rear brake. When I pressed the brake while backing the pads grabbed the rotor and sent the caliper backwards almost ripping the brake line out of its slot.

I have fixed the improper placement of the caliper arm and it also pulled it so hard that there was fluid gushing out of that bolt that holds the line onto the caliper so I took that off and reinstalled that also.
Went for a ride after cleaning off all the fluid that was on my tire and pumped and pumped on my brakes but nothing I have no stopping power with the rear whatsoever PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!!!

·
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Add more fluid and bleed the brakes.
Thanks man for the quick response its like you knew I was typing that but anyway now I gotta find a how to thread on bleeding brakes

·
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
don't ask too much more or he'll start talking to you like you're "special":crackup:
He gave me a link that made me feel special, or just lazy anyway thanks again D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts