Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok friends.

First off my rear brake reservoir was replaced with some sort of tube. This is fine and dandy but there's no fluid in it and it's because the stupid thing leaks. So I am still learning basic things about cars and bikes and have no idea what to do here. Is there a way to tighten the clamp around the hose? Also how do I bleed these without a brake bleeder? Is that even what I have to do as there is no brake fluid in there! Its most likely just filled with air. :((

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
As stated in the thread above. Make sure its the right tubing otherwise it will sweat fluid until its empty. You can find the right stuff at Kurvy Girl or on McMaster Carr.

Clamp that tube on as tight as you can, fill the hose with a small funnel and bleed it through the caliper.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tightened the hose clamp. It was sort of lose so now I think it wont leak. (It was leaking out of the bottom) I put fluid in the hose and it doesn't flow through. Does that mean there is air trapped in the caliper.

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
I would bleed it if the tube was empty

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
You dont need a tool to bleed it.

Either stick a small piece of tube over the bleeder of the rear caliper or wrap some paper towel around it if your real hard up.

Open the bleeder and push on the pedel.

Close the bleeder tight then release the pedel.

Repeat until the fluid comes out smooth without any air or bubbles. Replace fluid as you go so you dont run air back into the lines.

Reactions: jellies

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
PM me if you want to go back to stock. I just did a different reservoir delete and I have a reservoir and tube I was thinking about selling. It's off a 2010.

Sent from somewhere down the bayou.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If this is still leaking I will pm you about that reservoir! And thanks to all of you that helped. I bled them with paper towels and my sisters help so I will see if they work in a couple minutes!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You just remove the rubber cover and loosen the nut.
I know I am retarded. I didn't see the nut. I got it and they work now! A really simple problem that I blew up in my head. Lol. :+1: for 600rr.net and the great community.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Just keep an eye on the level in the tube. It will drop as the brakes wear; don't let it go down too far.

Sent from somewhere down the bayou.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts