Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did the place you guys got your recall on the rear brake fixed charge you anything to fix it? I was under the impression it was free since it was a recall- which is a manufacturer defect right? Let me know, I dropped my RR of to get the 4000 mi service and that fixed and I was wondering if I gonna get charged something extra for that?????

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
no the recall is free mileage / warranty status is irelevant

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
The recall is absolutely free of charge and there is no mileage limitation or warranty status that would limit it. If any dealer attempts to charge you, call Honda.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I finally got my bike in the shop for the recall. My guy brought it in for me while I was at work. He said it only took them 5 minutes. What part did they replace exactly? We can't see any difference.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
The recall work was free for me "BUT" The dealer marked down 1.5 hours of labor to be sent to honda even though it only took them 20 minutes.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
shifty5616 said:
dont you also have to be the original owner of the bike also? i bought mine used and havnt seen the letter :(
No, recalls are safety related so you do not have to be the original owner. Call Honda and have them update you as the new owner to ensure you receive all future mailings if there ever are any.

·
Deeze
1,160 Posts
Yup, free of charge, and it only took them 15 minutes or so. You don't need the letter, just go in and they will tell you if you need it or not. Almost all of them do unless the previous owner had it done.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I forgot about the recall and when I got a rear tire mounted I got an extra receipt.
It was for the recall charged to Honda for about $50. They didn’t even mention it and I didn’t notice it till I got home.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have been put on a waitlist by the dealer (santa monica honda).. Can some one recommend any other dealer in the Los Angeles area who can take care of this quickly?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts