Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if im going crazy or what but my rear brake used to be super sensitive and seemed like it would lock up a lot when i used it. but now my rear brake seems to have very lil stopping power. what possible probs could i have. has it just been broken in a lil more or what? my bike only has 3500 miles on it.

thanks guys.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Check your snail mail.

Honda has a safety recall on the CBR-600RR's for this exact problem. I got mail about it on saturday and have already scheduled an appt at my mechanic...

NB

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have to practaclly stand on it to get any brakinging power at all. then again I rarely use the rear brake anyway. This recall is for a differnt bolt? Mine seems fine yet still no breaking power. Chain wax on the pads maybe?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't remember the exact cause, i'll check the mail when i get home and get back to you. The gist of it is that the defect causes there to be little or no stopping power from the rear brake regardless of how hard you stomp the pedal.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The recall has something to do with the linkage. I think it said that it could rust prematurely and cause the linkage to bind and be difficult to use. In some cases, it could cause the rear brake to seize up and "cause a crash". Take it to your dealer and have the recall done to it, that probably will solve your problem. If not, your mechanic will surely discover the problem.

·
Registered
242 Posts
pfarnz said:
RevLars, how does that two brothers sound on the 600rr? I had it on my F4i and loved it. Just wondering what you thought. Thanks!!!
You've got a PM

·
Registered
21 Posts
From the mail:

"The rear break linkage is susceptible to corrosion, which can cause binding and rough brake operation. As corrosion increases, it can cause a sticking pedal or require high brake pedal effort"

NB

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yer brakes probably need to be readjusted. If the rotor isn't centered in the caliper, you are gonna have poor stopping power. It's time to readjust. Is yer bike fairly new? I've been told you should be engine braking and using your front brake most of the time anyway. You should be trailbraking with the rear like Valentino Rossi! Now get out there and slide around the corners......

·
Registered
465 Posts
The recall is to replace a bolt. “the potential issue is solved by removing silver-colored lock-nut bolt on the heim joint behind the right-side footpeg and replacing it with a gold-colored bolt, presumably anodized to resist corrosion.”

You might want to:
Check rear tire pressure
Inspect the linkage to insure it all works and is not binding.
Remove rear pads and inspect/clean/replace as needed.
Bleed rear brake system.

There are only a few things it could be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts