Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went down at the track on sunday and am diagnosing what is wrong with it.

the way the right rearset bent it pull on the mc. the plunger thing that goes up in to it from the pedal was pull to the side.

i am not sure but i think that plunger thing is pulled out further than it use to be.

pushing up on it by hand how far should i be able to push it in?

if that is the problem how do i fix it? buy a new rear mc? any advice would be great thanks

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Post some pic of what you are talking about!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i looked at a picture of someone elses and it does not seam to be pulled out to much.

but because it was pulled to the side does that mess it up?

it looks like it always has now but i do not know if it works because i do not have a right rear set now. by the time i get them in and on if it does not work then it will be to late to buy one in time for my trackday.

i figure i will have someone roll the bike and i will push up on it, if it slows the bike then it works

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just my 2 cents - but those rear master's are tough - there's usually a pivot on the other side of that boot - if the lever is still attached step on it and see if the pads grab the disc if not well...imho not much use for a rear brake at the track anyways - haven't touched mine in oh 4 years lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
You know I don't remember the tech guy checking it last couple times, but you're right I think they do (what I get for sitting on it while they are checking hehe)

If the brake lever and everything is goneyou can put a rod in the lower fitting and push up - shouldn't take much force to move it - and see if the rear brake is grabing the disc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts