Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
After recently getting my Cbr600rr 03 I’m still trying to figure out how to access my rear brake reservoir to bleed and renew fluid!!
Is it possible to actually cut the brake line to the hidden reservoir and remount it just behind/above the heel guard for easier access or is this not possible/safe guys?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi
After recently getting my Cbr600rr 03 I’m still trying to figure out how to access my rear brake reservoir to bleed and renew fluid!!
Is it possible to actually cut the brake line to the hidden reservoir and remount it just behind/above the heel guard for easier access or is this not possible/safe guys?
I believe the "reservoir delete" is a fairly popular modification, perhaps this could ease your problems? HRC makes some, and aftermarket options are available as well.

Research that one.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If honest I don’t want to do the delete.Prefer a resi to look at too
Does anyone know what the internal diameter of the brake line that runs to the rear resi on an 03 and maybe I can find an aftermarket resi with the same diameter fitting

·
Registered
389 Posts
Still can't find that sucker!

At this point just remove the tail fairing. You can't miss it with that fairing off. You could relocate the reservoir without too much trouble, or like 498 said you can delete the reservoir entirely and just use a tube as your reservoir. I elected to go that route.

Most people buy the HRC kit or similar. I decided to just use the stock hose, and buy a rubber cork from miners to seal the hose. I'll post a picture later.

If you have any more questions please let me know

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks mate for the reply,I’ve found it and can see a posi head screw to undo it,but can’t get to it...poor design/position I say,but looks like to tail may have to come off,I’m going to have to buy a manual to do that too!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are the HRC kits easy enough to fit,there cheap enough,but where does the actual tube fit on to,is it where the existing brake line fits on to the master cylinder?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi
get a bit of Tygon tube and a cap and fit it,or buy the HRC reservoir delete kit and fit that to the bike.
Simple to do.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Here's what it looks like when you just cut the existing tube. Exactly the same result as buying the kit/tygon tube. And maybe better because some have reported that the HRC kit sweats fluid.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m going to do that,but will get the tubing so I can see fluid level,is it 8mm diameter on my 03?
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts