Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week I ride my bike to get plates for my car. I get out to the parking lot and take my cowl off to put my envelope full of papers in it. I take off down the highway where the speed limit is 70. So I'm cruising and all of a sudden I feel something hitting me in the back, so I look back to see my cowl flipping in the air, only to watch it get killed my a semi. Man was I pissed, I guess when I put the cowl on in the parking lot I didn't make sure it was down all the way...has this happened to anyone else? Lol very costly mistake I'm still upset.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
It happend to me on the ride home when I first bought the bike, the dealer replaced it though cause the salesman was the last person to put it on. It still got me kind of cheesed cause I had to hassel with the dealer a wait a week.

·
Registered
577 Posts
interesting. Is there anyway to hardware that little spring from the seat into the cowl? At least that way, you'll know to look and latch it down?

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I do know man, that has never happen to me but I would hate for it to happen with my gf riding on the back.

Jason

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Warp_Speed said:
Before I head out on the bike I always tug on the rear cowl to make sure its on tight.
Everytime I take it off, I get OCD on it and re-check the thing like 5 times before I take off. Sorry to hear about that bro, sucks...

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
thanks for the heads up. gunna be checking constantly now... you could attach a small , maybe 4inch, trace wire- so if it is loose, the semis wont get it. it will bang on your tail then, sorry bout yours bro....

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
I got pulled over about 2 years ago when I first got my bike. I got my insurance card from beneath the seat and before I left I forgot to lock the seat in place. About a mile down the road I felt something tapping on my back. I look back and the seat is floating in the air. I slowed down smoothly and pulled over, locked it in place.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
I've had both my seat and cowl come off. Thankfully it always hits your back first so you can grab it instead of having it just fly the hell away.

·
Registered
428 Posts
happened to me with my rear seat but it didnt fly away it seemed to get sucked to my back and i grabbed it right away

·
Registered
172 Posts
great, now i'm gunna be paranoid, im already paranoid enought about my plate after my red reflector things magicially fell off while being stored.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts