Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what that thing is for? I've asked multiple riders....and two different bike dealers. No one seems to know. I can't even get my fingers under it...it's so tight.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Tiny said:
im guessing the helmet strap...heard its pretty useless. i got my bike used so mine didnt come with one.
no, he's talking about the leather strap on top of the rear seat.

And it's there (whether it works or not) because it adds 5-7 hp to the rear wheel...

:roll:

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Meddiepie954rr said:
Tiny said:
im guessing the helmet strap...heard its pretty useless. i got my bike used so mine didnt come with one.
no, he's talking about the leather strap on top of the rear seat.

And it's there (whether it works or not) because it adds 5-7 hp to the rear wheel...

:roll:
oh that? ok, i use to use that for holding my hat. no wonder my bike has been slower since i put that seat cowl, heres one for me :bitchslap:

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
It's not for the passenger to hold on to... it's too tight.

Believe it or not, it actually prevents the passenger from diving into YOUR seat upon braking.

Don't believe me? Try it with a passenger and ask.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Schwing said:

Believe it or not, it actually prevents the passenger from diving into YOUR seat upon braking.

try asking honda , or any other of the big four ....

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I took mine off when my girl complained about it bothering her "girl parts." WTF you think she'd like the vibes. IDK....

Yea, I miss that 5-7 HP too..... :thumbup:

·
Banned
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So none of you really know for sure.....what a weird strip of leather. I think the best guess is to prevent sliding forward...I don't think it's for them to hold on to...I can't even get my fingers under mine....and I have small hands.

·
Banned
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
r6beater is right. It's for the passenger to hold. And the rest of these made up justifications are rediculous.

Umm ok. Next question.....do any actually hold it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mordeth said:
r6beater is right. It's for the passenger to hold. And the rest of these made up justifications are rediculous.

Umm ok. Next question.....do any actually hold it?
I had one girl try, she quickly gave up. Didn't feel secure enough for her. Didn't mind her holding on to me instead.... ;-)

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you look in the manual, it talks about a seat on the strap for the passenger to hold onto.

I know this has been answered, just thought I'd throw the manual reference in there as well..

·
Registered
423 Posts

my gf says she slides forwards

H

·
0 Posts
yeah strap on the rr is tight... my old bike it was not as tight so a passeneger could easily hold it... when i road with the seat on i used it to hold my hat...

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
r6beater said:
it's for the passenger to hold on to . ( they probably don't want to touch you , sooo..) . i use it when i put the bike on the stand .
Absolutely! ;-) But I use mine to clip my phone to when I'm in full leathers. Ain't got no pockets ya' know.

As far as riding someone, have them hold onto you or put thier hands on the tank in front of you. That way they can hold their own weight during braking. Just make them wear gloves because girlie rings scratch the tank. ;-)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts