• CRG

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I am in the process of preping my bike for next years WERA race season and want to purchase rear sets because the location of the stock pegs dose not fit my body size and riding style. I have narrowed it down to either the Gilles VRC or CRG rearsets. I have not ridden a bike with either so any info about ergos, durability, fuctionality, fit or finish would be greatly appricated, thanks.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Gilles or Sato. They both have outstanding products. As a company I would buy anything from Gilles, wonderful wonderful machining and quality. I didnt know CRG made rearsets but they have got good levers so I bet there good quality. Gilles is stellar everything, I would go with Sato or Gilles.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Just some food for thought.
Make sure you get a set of rearsets that you can easily get parts for in the event of a crash.
Nothing is worst then having something on your bike that you can't get a replacement part for at the track.
Thats why Vortex's and the such are so popular because parts are a dime a dozen!

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
i don't really like my gilles, feet slip and slide a bit much for my taste. especially in the wet! i wish i would have went with something with a more aggressive footpeg. the adjustment doesn't hold all that well either unless you tighten it to the point of stripping the threads

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Just some food for thought.
Make sure you get a set of rearsets that you can easily get parts for in the event of a crash.
Nothing is worst then having something on your bike that you can't get a replacement part for at the track.
Thats why Vortex's and the such are so popular because parts are a dime a dozen!
:+1: i've had to run one side stock due to lack of parts for my gilles

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CTM parton, I have gilles pegs on my stock rearsest and I love them, I know their not the same pegs that come on the VRC rearsets, do you have the VRC rearsets?

Slaps808 you comment without any other evidence, or infromation is ignorant, childish, and annoying!

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
CTM parton, I have gilles pegs on my stock rearsest and I love them, I know their not the same pegs that come on the VRC rearsets, do you have the VRC rearsets?

Slaps808 you comment without any other evidence, or infromation is ignorant, childish, and annoying!
:+1::iamwith::crackup:

what evidence do i need to provide? i just said, imo (in my opinion)...gilles vcr38 rearsets suck!
ive ridden with them at 3 trackdays back to back within a months time frame before i swapped back to a brand that ive ridden on for 4 yrs on my prior bike. i dont like them for the track and thats my opinion. i dont need to explain my opinions to the likes of you. people like you crack me up, so sensitive. :crackup:
EAD!!!

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
i voted for Gilles in order to even out the poll and make it inconclusive lol

yo slapss didnt you run the Vortex ones... how did you like them? (if you did)
i liked them bro. the adjustments were more than enough for me. stable and good grip on the pegs. the only negative is the rear brake lever bolt is susceptible to coming loose more than any other bolt on either side of the vortex set.
but so are alot of other bolts on other brands. so the key is to apply threadlock and periodically check the bolts. a little trick is to use torque stripe or some type of mark like white out...draw a small line across the bolt up to where its mounted to. its an easy visual check, if the line breaks, you know the bolt has moved. alot quicker visually vice grabbing an allen key or screwdriver and physically checking.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have installed a set of yan shiki rear sets to get the gp shift. after riding with these I found that I could achieve perfect body positioning. i recently wrecked at summit. I found that the company was great to deal with I called them and they sold me the entire right side at below dealer cost around 160. The parts arrived 2 days later. If you want to contact them their number is 888-524-5538

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
Ok, so I am in the process of preping my bike for next years WERA race season and want to purchase rear sets because the location of the stock pegs dose not fit my body size and riding style. I have narrowed it down to either the Gilles VRC or CRG rearsets. I have not ridden a bike with either so any info about ergos, durability, fuctionality, fit or finish would be greatly appricated, thanks.
and if you are a so called racer or trackjunkie, you would or should know that racers/trackjunkies use woodcraft, vortex or sato because of availability of replaceble parts! well maybe more woodcraft and vortex, since its parts more common to get.

vcr's and crg sets are bling bling sets imo! sure they have function like other brands, but goodluck finding replaceable parts in a quick instance...at least for the gilles vcr's. its hit or miss with some people looking. but if you have the money to burn, by all means...go on with your bad self! lmfao

have fun with your search mr. sensitive!:drunk::crackup::fyou:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
See slaps was that so hard? Thanks for the info. What didn't you like about them, if thats not too much to ask? Also, what brand rearsets are you currently using?

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
See slaps was that so hard? Thanks for the info. What didn't you like about them, if thats not too much to ask? Also, what brand rearsets are you currently using?
no its not hard, you didnt have to bash me mang. all you had to do was ask me what my opinions were that led to me not liking them. :drunk:

i didnt like the fact that the pegs were smoothed at the tips, inner part of the pegs are not grippy enough for me. its not fun leaning at any speed at deep angles and having your outter foot slide off the peg. making you look like your doing a karate kick! :crackup:
adjustments were kick ass and precise! but the adjustment holding bolts are a pain in the ass. as they would eventually come loose, more so than any other rearsets ive read about. lots of people complain about that. its to the point where you would have to really tighten/torque them down for them not to move.
Patty Cakes (ctm_patron) hit the nail on the head with his description of slippery pegs and bolts coming loose.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts