Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I have an 08 600RR and I ran into a small problem after wiping down my bike today. I took my bike for a quick ride around the block and when I got home, I noticed that the green light that usually lights up when you are signaling on the gauge cluster was very dim. I got off the bike and I noticed that my front signals look VERY underpowered. I tried both left and right.

I walked around to the back of the bike and saw that the LED passenger pegs and the signals from the CA integrated tail were not working at all. The brake however does work. I don't think that it is the battery because I turned off the bike and it started it back up fine. I connected my battery tender and waited for it to fully charge, and I still have the same problem. What do you think is the problem? Thanks!:ciao:

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Did you install some sort of resistor for the leds? It sounds like your getting too much resistance, thus the low voltage. Maybe the relay could have gone bad? If you have a multimeter I would check the volt reading. It could help you track it down.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you install some sort of resistor for the leds? It sounds like your getting too much resistance, thus the low voltage. Maybe the relay could have gone bad? If you have a multimeter I would check the volt reading. It could help you track it down.
Hey sincal, didn't install any resistors. If I was getting too much resistance, I would have had this problem from the get go though right? I did get the relay from T to slow down the flash rate when I bought the CA. That honestly might be the issue! It might be going bad on me. I'll look for my factory relay to see if it will make a difference in the morning and report back. Thanks bro!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey sincal, didn't install any resistors. If I was getting too much resistance, I would have had this problem from the get go though right? I did get the relay from T to slow down the flash rate when I bought the CA. That honestly might be the issue! It might be going bad on me. I'll look for my factory relay to see if it will make a difference in the morning and report back. Thanks bro!

So I did what you said, tested with a multimeter and the problem was with the relay to slow down the flash rate. I changed back to my factory one and everything is working fine. Thanks! I owe you a beer bro!:shakehand

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
So I did what you said, tested with a multimeter and the problem was with the relay to slow down the flash rate. I changed back to my factory one and everything is working fine. Thanks! I owe you a beer bro!:shakehand
Glad you got it fixed, if I ever make it to Hawaii I'll be sure to remember that beer, lol:shakehand

1 - 6 of 6 Posts