Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of the past few weeks I have noticed that my bike has a loss of power in first and second. Now my question is this: my sprocket needs to be replaced so can this be the reason for the lack of power? Thanks in advance.

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
As of the past few weeks I have noticed that my bike has a loss of power in first and second. Now my question is this: my sprocket needs to be replaced so can this be the reason for the lack of power? Thanks in advance.
If your chain was skipping you will see the results on your back sprocket.
If not, and the chain is not sloppy loose.. It may be something else.

How many miles are on your bike.?

If you have a lot of miles.. Have you checked your AirFilter.?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
+1, i just cleaned my air filter and i couldn't believe how responsive, powerful and smooth my bike felt afterward. i don't even remember it running this good!! i think i did a small wheelie in 3rd on the freeway, lol!! no, but seriously, it's an often-neglected item of maintenance that can make a huge difference. if you have an aftermarket exhaust- a repack may be in order as well if you have more than 20,000 miles on your can. i did the repack and cleaned my air filter and my bike is pulling so hard and running so smooth now it's rediculous!

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
+1, i just cleaned my air filter and i couldn't believe how responsive, powerful and smooth my bike felt afterward. i don't even remember it running this good!! i think i did a small wheelie in 3rd on the freeway, lol!! no, but seriously, it's an often-neglected item of maintenance that can make a huge difference. if you have an aftermarket exhaust- a repack may be in order as well if you have more than 20,000 miles on your can. i did the repack and cleaned my air filter and my bike is pulling so hard and running so smooth now it's rediculous!
I replaced my stock air filter to a BMC street a few hundred miles ago. My can has only about 2,000 miles on it. But on a lighter note, I got my Leo Vince full system in but have yet to install it. Hopefully it'll help.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I replaced my stock air filter to a BMC street a few hundred miles ago. My can has only about 2,000 miles on it. But on a lighter note, I got my Leo Vince full system in but have yet to install it. Hopefully it'll help.
You are running a PC of Bazazz?

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yes if the chain is way too loose you will notice a loss of performance and if this is the case then theres a good chance the rear sprocket is toast, ie egg shaped space between teeth will cause a noticable loss of perf as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts