Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to purchase a rear stand to park the bike in my apt. for the winter. I am sure there are ones better than others so you guys have any sugestions on which brand to buy?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
both are really good stands, most people around where i live seem to prefer pitbull though, but likeBlueBlur said, they're a little more costly.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Redlinestands seems good for the money. Concensus here and other forums says they are pretty nice too.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a Pitbull one also and there's like three options or something on MRI's site....which one is the one using a spool (I've heard that's the best one) and what is exactly the different? Someone told me that with a spool, you can put it up on the stand one-handed by yourself or something...Can someone please clarify while we are on the topic of rear stands?

·
Registered
708 Posts
I do'nt have the spooled pitbulls and I have no problem putting my bike up on the rear stand iwth one hand

·
Registered
278 Posts
Pit Bull has 2 diff. stands, one is just the standard, lifts the swing arm with a pad that rests under the swing arm. The other is the newer "SS" stand, standard lift and spool lift, this one will lift about anything, spools or not. I got the new "SS" even though I have spools. It can still be used if the spools get broken off, or if your buddy w/o spools needs a lift. I have also heard that (probably not w/ the RR, cause the eyelets would prevent it) that grease or oil on the bottom of the swing arm could cause the lift pads to slip, then...............................

·
Registered
708 Posts
Got my RR up on the SS's right now in my garage, nothing better be slipping anywhere. If your dual standing your bike you should have the pads behind those screw holes on the swing arm (since the bike is nose up). If your single standing you should have them infront of those screw holes (since its nose down). The bike isn't going to slip up and over those openings.

Either way I am very happy with the quality of my pitbulls they are *nice* :bounce: and are the bling of the stand world JK hahahaha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pitbull! Very solid construction and easy to use. Our 600RRs tend to slip on some pod type stands while other bikes may not. But slip or not, the spool type are much more secure than the pod type. Bite the bullet and get the Pitbull, you won't regret it.

·
Deeze
1,160 Posts
I have the Hindle rear stand and I love it. I would recommend you get one with spools. I have friends with the swing arm type rear stand and I wouldn't trust it.

I still need to buy a front so I can't give any advice there.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
i bought a circuit 1, { never heard of it :headscratch: } but needed one that day asap
and that was all that was in stock, and it works fine. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
this might be a stupid question but I never had a stand before and was wondering if you can put on the stand your-self? or you need someone to help you.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
if you're really good, you'll even be able to take it off the stand by yourself, without the sidestand, and hop on for a ride...
wow..... you're THAT good... carazy... i at least need the side stand... geez... :roll: ;-)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts