Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

total newb question here, but what are the uses for rear stands? other than installing wheels and parts?

~ mark

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies. another question: how safe is my bike on a rearstand? could i sit on the bike with a stand on?

~ mark

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
RedBlur said:
thanks for the replies. another question: how safe is my bike on a rearstand? could i sit on the bike with a stand on?

~ mark
Should be safe with any rear stand....although the more you pay, the better the stand. If you get a pitbull you should be more than fine.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Also, if you do any trackdays, some tracks require that you remove your sidestand and you will need a rearstand just to be able to park your bike in the pits :thumbup:

A good set of bike stands is a great investment....especially if you do your own maintenance.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
We have the ss pitbull stands in stock. they have the spools and the pads . the down side to pit bull is that the retail and dealer cost is so close that we can not discount them much. The other down side is that they are considered oversized by ups and cost 15 to 20 bucks to ship.

The 600 rr has factory places for the spools and should be used. The ss stand goes for 140.00 shipped...we carry them as a convience to our customers...we dont make any money on them.

Jason

Have you guys seen the new pitbull rear stands...look pretty cool.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey guys, thanks for the replies! i decided to get the pitbull s/s stand. don't know if i'll get the front yet.

~ mark

1 - 20 of 33 Posts