Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was out riding this weekend and i was stuck in traffic, all of a sudden i heard a POP and out of the corner of my eye i see a black circular object flying away from me. i found it odd but i just though someone ran over a bottle or something and the top blew off. so i got back home from riding and im over looking the bike and i realize it was the cap off of the rear shock. i know our shocks are pressurized with nitrogen and all i can figure is it was a burst of nitrogen but i didnt hit a hard bump, i was actually sitting still. does anyone know any reason this wouldve happened? or any suggestions of what i should do to further diagnose the problem. i know the cap doesnt do anything but keep dirt and stuff out but it worries me that i might have a leak. by the way its a 05 600RR thx in advance

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i put it here because this gets more traffic than Troubleshooting. but thanks for the non-helpful reply

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx jacek. i dont have a pressure gauge that goes past 75. i talked to a guy today and im takin it to his shop so he can check it and re-charge it if need be. noone has ever heard of a problem like this though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts