Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just want to get some opinions. i had a rear tire installed about a week ago at a not to be named motorcycle shop. (want honest unbiased opinions). a couple days later i notice my chain is loose when im riding. i pull into my driveway get my tools out and notice that the nut for the axle shaft and the chain adjuster is gone. clearly the shop forgot to tighten them up.

what course of action do you believe is right and fair ? this could have potentially been a wrecked bike and me possibly seriously injured if i had ridden on the bike longer thankfully i caught the problem before it developed into being something that bad. so what do you guys think i should do ? ive had a great relationship with this shop and its the first time anything like this has happened since ive been doing business with them.

·
fall down 7times get up 8
1,479 Posts
ask if they'll replace the lost parts & always check your bike out yourself from now on. make sure tyres are mounted correct direction, you get valve covers back & obviously check tightness of all bolts/screws involved in the tyre change in the future as stated your life depends on it.
might be worth the investment in stands/tools ect to insure it's done correctly all the time every time, by doing your own work

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bring it to their attention, let them fix the bike, maybe try to get a discount next time around. If you have been happy with their service until now, I would forget about it. Were all human and we all make mistakes

·
Registered
260 Posts
i work at a tire shop, and believe me...were all human and make mistakes.

just take it back and ask for the lost parts to be replaced. just kinda bring it to there attention. ask to talk to someone in charge and be polite. just let him know how you feel. if they were a respectable shop they would fix it at no charge and give you a full if not partial refund on the tire install.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
thats why the only thing i have the dealer do is mount my tires, i just bring them the wheels.
if i ever get a Nomar, i will really be business :)

at least get them to replace what fell off, and i agree some other kind of compensation should be given too.

·
Registered
709 Posts
If they are a stand up shop, then the most important thing is that you bring it to their attention. If the shop manager and mechanic dont know they made the mistake, then it will never be addressed, and will surely happen to someone again, with much worse consequences.

If its known, someone may get a little ass chewing, but more importantly, it will stick with them longer and be something they are less likely to forget next time around.
and maybe this isnt the first time its happened to them. Maybe they need to start addressing the issue more seriously.

whatever, they cant fix it if they dont know. And I think they should atleast supply the parts free

1 - 10 of 10 Posts