Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new tire, and I am seeing a thin line being worn into the tire right down the middle. It's not regular wear, it's like something is being dragged on the tire, but I checked the clearance between the hugger and its fine? What the heck?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm sure tons of people are gonna think, "Then stop riding in a straight line and start turning." when they read the title of this thread but judging by your avatar, that isn't the case.

Can you post some pictures? I'm VERY curious about it. What kind of tire is it?

Reason I ask is because on a Dunlop Roadsmart I had 2 years ago, I had a VERY fine line going through the middle which disappeared after a couple hundred miles. I called Dunlop and they said it had something to do with the split compound of the tire...!?!? I dunno if it was ******** but I got the full life out of my tire...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tires are Michelin 2CT's. under 200 miles on them, I wore my BT016's down to the cord.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
is it progressively getting worse? im thinking you could get that from spinning on a rock or sharp object on the road, but it doenst look like thats the case here.

·
Registered
233 Posts
All of the Michelin Pilot Powers I've seen do that. Mine have that line and a friend of mine put 2CTs on his zx6r which developed the same line. There have been a few threads on here where others have asked about it too.

I put 4k miles on my set so far, the line is still there but I haven't had any issues at all. Don't worry about it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
All of the Michelin Pilot Powers I've seen do that. Mine have that line and a friend of mine put 2CTs on his zx6r which developed the same line. There have been a few threads on here where others have asked about it too.

I put 4k miles on my set so far, the line is still there but I haven't had any issues at all. Don't worry about it.
Agreed I've had mine for about 3k and the line has been since day 1 and they are solid. Starting to flatten out a hair but still fine

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I would agree with the above two post. My Michelin Pilot Powers had a similar line that wore into it. I never figured out what it was. I would think that it would have to be the tires with so many experiencing the same issue. I wonder if anyone on this forum figured out the cause. I have PP 2CT now and do not have that line as of yet with about 2,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts

Agreed I've had mine for about 3k and the line has been since day 1 and they are solid. Starting to flatten out a hair but still fine

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Agree 100% with both these posts. my old 2CT's had this line from the day i bought the tire to when i replaced them last summer. mine never grew, never shrunk. it was just there

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brand new tire, and I am seeing a thin line being worn into the tire right down the middle. It's not regular wear, it's like something is being dragged on the tire, but I checked the clearance between the hugger and its fine? What the heck?
My tire is doing that now it wears out in 3 rides

1 - 11 of 11 Posts