Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Sorry if my english is bad :)

I've juste bought a 2003 CBR600RR. Before trying the bike on road I do some checkings.

As you can see on the picture, the rear tire rub the rear shock absorber arm. It's not normal, right?

Can someone help me to underdstand how it is possible ?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I agree with meatybeaty, looks like the chain adjusters are too far forward. Surprised that the adjusters would enable the wheel to move that far forward though.

Chain maybe too short, there maybe something missing in the adjuster parts or maybe the shock has collapsed? Check that the shock is working as it should as well.

But let's see a picture of the adjusters first, both sides.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I will post the pictures when I come back home.

Can it be tire size? The rear tire is 60-profile and not 55.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would check your chain links against what it should be (112) I think for your year , but check that against your workshop manual , while your at it check the front and rear sprockets sizes that you have on the bike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I check the front sprockets and it's a 15. I think the OEM sprockets is 16. Right? You think the problem can come from that?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,788 Posts
not necessarily. it depends what sprockets are fitted. the original size is designed for the original sprockets and tire.

buy a full length chain and cut it to fit your setup.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Remember that if you cut a chain to fit take into account the gauge on the sprocket adjuster and that the chain will stretch over time,also leaving enough slack in the chain at the optimum position

1 - 19 of 19 Posts