Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 cbr600rr
stock lights and signals

Right - rear turn signal does not light up.

indicator on dash works.....front right signals work.

I switched out the bulbs to eliminate the bulb being an issue and it wasn"t.

Everything else works electrically.....

I took apart the signal itself to check for corrosion etc....and there was none...all connections looked good.

So I am thinking the problem should be where???

Any/all advice from those who have had similar problems would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Check the connection to the bike. Buy a volt meter or test light.. Will save you tons of time and headaches.. T

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the connection to the bike. Buy a volt meter or test light.. Will save you tons of time and headaches.. T
I have a voltmeter...being new to CBR's though ...I have a question:

Do i check where the leads meet the turn switch on the handlebars or is there some other area/wiring junction point to test?

Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Yep. Check to see if you have connection at the bulb and work your way back to the plug for the signal. May be easier to just supply 12v to the signal instead of trying to use the signal and looking for a quick read on the meter.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Pull your front bulb out and it will stop flashing (burnt out bulb indicator) then you can trace the circuit with your meter, starting at the rear indicator.

You will find the indicator plugs on the left hand side just back from the seat, one is white and the other is orange, make sure you check both the power and the ground wires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its all good. A quick trace of the wiring system indicated the previous owner had tried to customize the wiring in a bad way and the circuit was not grounded properly. Once grounded, it all works good. Thanks to all who helped me on this one.:shakehand

·
Registered
263 Posts
Congrats on getting it fixed!! But Damn those previous owners who do stupid stuff they have no business screwing with and then decide not to tell you when you buy their mistake. Shoot them all. :gun1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts