Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while getting on and off my bike, I have succeeded in hitting both my rear stock turn signals with my right foot. They arent broken but they are popped out of their housing a little. Anyone know how to fix this?

I've tried pushing them back in while compressing the rubbery/plastic part with a flat head screwdriver but they just pop back out. I'm considering drilling a hole through the base and zip-tieing it together. Any better/correct way to fix it?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I would invest in a fender eliminator w/ some aftermarket rear turn signals. Really improves the looks, imo.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
I would just go for new after market ones, there cheaper as well as better looking.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not sure if this is what happend to yours but when I got the bike there was a bit of a gap at the flex joing in the middle... I must've also hit the left one, as the gap was wider and I could see a piece of the plastic was chipped off inside (wouldn't stay close anymore).....

Didn't care to spend cash to replace/fix these ugly stockers and no cash for aftermarkets.... Solution.. Crazyglue. Works great and really solid.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
there is a recall for 09 models on the lenses, but not the whole fixture. Dealers should replace them for free.

I had the same issue with the plastic not sitting flush, but I went the aftermarket rout and got tripage FE + IT. Crazy glue idea seems like your best bet if you're gonna stick with stock though

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure if this is what happend to yours but when I got the bike there was a bit of a gap at the flex joing in the middle... I must've also hit the left one, as the gap was wider and I could see a piece of the plastic was chipped off inside (wouldn't stay close anymore).....

Didn't care to spend cash to replace/fix these ugly stockers and no cash for aftermarkets.... Solution.. Crazyglue. Works great and really solid.

Yes, mine are broken like yours, except worse. I'm not sure if crazy glue will hold it, but I'm going to try it out...

For everyone else... What part of the turn signal is under the recall? The entire piece, or just the orange lens? What will Honda replace under the recall... Pics highlighting the replacement part would be cool as hell!

Thanks everyone for your input.... On a side note here..... I noticed tonight that my rear turn signals only light up when I flip the turn signal switch.... Is this normal?

Edit to add: Yes I have an '09

·
2 R's are better than 1!
105 Posts
Yes, mine are broken like yours, except worse. I'm not sure if crazy glue will hold it, but I'm going to try it out...

For everyone else... What part of the turn signal is under the recall? The entire piece, or just the orange lens? What will Honda replace under the recall... Pics highlighting the replacement part would be cool as hell!

Thanks everyone for your input.... On a side note here..... I noticed tonight that my rear turn signals only light up when I flip the turn signal switch.... Is this normal?

Edit to add: Yes I have an '09
Yes that is normal. If you have the stock signals front and rear, the fronts are also running lights, the rears are only signals. I'm guessing that is what you needed to know...

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes that is normal. If you have the stock signals front and rear, the fronts are also running lights, the rears are only signals. I'm guessing that is what you needed to know...

Yep, thanks bud! :+1:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I didn't just glue the seam... When you open the gap, you can see the outer part fits over the base of the signal like a sleeve. So I covered most of the inside section of that sleeve. No way that's coming off.

Not a recall... Just a product updated and it's not the entire piece just the lens with screws:
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=157942&highlight=turn+signal+recallhttp://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=157942&highlight=turn+signal+recall

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
well im gonna call them up tomorrow and see if they can give me some. Thanks for the post Flip!
Your welcome brah... good luck with that...

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the help guys. No white smoke again today... It must have been the high humidity that night... WHEW!

Cant wait to get off my lazy ass and krazy glue my turn signals!

One more thing in regards to the vibration or pinging I feel when clutch is disengaged and breaking with front..... I did a hard front breaking earlier today, and right before I came to a stop, the front calipers/wheel/rotor sounded like it was going to fall off... and I felt it in the hand grips too, it lasted about .5 seconds up to the point where I came to a complete stop. I tried moving the calipers with my hands and they wouldnt budge. I really think there is something not right with my front somethings or other.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts