Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Rear wheel bouncing

8K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Domia 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Were you going downhill at all? I've locked my rear up when I was heavy on the brakes downhill into a turn before

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#5 ·
I'm glad you made this thread because mine does the same thing when braking hard using the rear break, i have no idea what causes it so i started using the front brakes only.

one thing i did discover is if my bike is on a rear stand, and i apply the rear brake, there is significant play up and down with the rear brake bracket in the swingarm and i'm thinking that may be part of the problem, along with improper shock settings.

#6 ·
one thing i did discover is if my bike is on a rear stand, and i apply the rear brake, there is significant play up and down with the rear brake bracket in the swingarm and i'm thinking that may be part of the problem,
Think you could be onto something here. OP, you have this also?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#7 ·
Have you checked your compression setting on the rear shock?

#8 ·
I'd have thought a lack of adequate rebound damping would be more likely to cause bounce over bumps, Although the fact it happens under braking when most weight is shifted to the front would suggest possibly too much compression damping (ie shock not able to absorb bumps quickly enough) combined with a light rear end possibly = bounce.

Trouble is OP says surface is flat and smooth. Makes me suspect something else, not rear suspension. Check list to go through easily is wheel alignment, wheel balance, chain slack, rear calliper play/movement.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#9 ·
That's your rear brake buddy happens when you lock it up and you don't have the speed to make it squeal. It just starts skipping your rear tire.

Your rear brake is extremely inefficient when used for stopping. Use your front for like 90% of your actual stopping in the street and save the rear for control when turning and on corner entry if you make it to the track.

Regardless you shouldn't use much if it at all on the street. I don't use it at all. If I don't have to. Save it for loose dirt and sand and ****.

#16 · (Edited)
That's the only time I use it myself. On the street it only serves to get me into trouble. My 08 1000RR with stock pads would lock the rear at the slightest touch, Shockingly easy I'd say. The 600 isn't nearly as bad but I still don't consider using it a good idea, at least at my skill level.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.