Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a short ride today about 1 block to a friend's house and I noticed a clicking noise coming from the rear wheel. When I came back home I put it up on the rear stand and turned the wheel over a few times to see if i could figure it out. It makes the clicking noise after 1 full rotation and it sounds like it's coming from inside the wheel somewhere. I checked the chain and no binds in it and I just lubed it about 100 miles ago. The bike has 10k miles on it now and I've only owned it for the last 2k and it's never made the noise before. I put a new rear tire on it 100 miles ago and no noises or problems until now. Could it be the bearing or maybe just something stuck inside the wheel? I would like to know what it is before I ride again.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody have an idea?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Definitely make sure all your teeth are on your sprockets. Did you retorque the rear axle nut or have someone else pull the tires for you? Check to see what the torque is set to now. Should be 83ft/lbs.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
axle nut might be loose, have you ever taken the tire off??? something might have gotten inside the cush drive or maybe you got a rock in one of those open holes in the rim...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Could also need to lube the chain.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have looked at the sprocket and the teeth seem fine and the alignment, I just lubed the chain 100 miles ago, just put a new tire on about 100 miles ago ,but I torqued the axle nut to 83 ft. pounds. Bike is not lowered at all.

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
im having this problem now, i just recently had my swingarm powder coated and after i reassembled everything it started making this clicking noise. did anyone ever figure it out?

·
Registered
157 Posts
this problem just started with my 07

i changed the front sprocket to an AFAM 15t a few months ago
and made sure the nut was secure

i checked the chain/sprocket alignment and the rear axle nut torque and they are fine

i think i'm gonna go for a ride then lube it when i get back and see if that fixes the problem. if not i'll be back on here to find a solution.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts