Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so my bikes been layed down by a previous owner and the left rear set, or frame, is bent. I was wobdering if i could just bend it back.

Heres a pic

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill try the rod thing first, i dont have a torch. My idea was use a crescent wrench, but maybe i can avoid scratching it more then the peg is.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Aluminum doesn't love to bend, but you might be ok trying it cold.
You're guaranteed to be OK if you put a torch on it. Find any autobody shop, they'll probably do it for you on the cheap.

D

·
0 Posts
Or pick one up for about $25 from an autoparts store, along with some brake clean. Gets the aluminum pieces bent back right, and with the brake clean...well, nothing says fun like a 6' stream of firey goodness bringing doom to all insects or objects around.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what i was afraid with it being alluminum. Maybe ill look into buying one. And the brake clean i could use for... Mature choices? Haha

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Let us know how it goes. Happened to my friend at the track and it took 10 sec to fix

D

·
0 Posts
Thats what i was afraid with it being alluminum. Maybe ill look into buying one. And the brake clean i could use for... Mature choices? Haha
It's billet aluminum, so nothing to worry about with not heating it. It's just more of a bitch to get perfectly straight without heat. That rearset is relatively unbent, and I've seen worse bent back just fine with no heat. It's cast aluminum you really gotta worry about.

If by mature you mean lighting **** on fire, yes.

·
Registered
254 Posts
:+1: I wasn't sure if it was billet (my bent up clutch lever was cast), and didn't want to sound like a jackass with Demented lurking around - dude knows everything!:ciao:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts