Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are instances where I'd like the indication light i.e. holding the front lever, then releasing on a slope and keeping my boot on the foot control; I want the idiot cager behind me to not just assume that because the brake light "went off" I'm moving and therefore he/she can hit the gas.

Regardless, to each his own, but I've got one and I'm gonna install it.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
mine is gone. . .passed inspection too!

·
2006 BOTY WINNER
814 Posts
selector said:
There are instances where I'd like the indication light i.e. holding the front lever, then releasing on a slope and keeping my boot on the foot control; I want the idiot cager behind me to not just assume that because the brake light "went off" I'm moving and therefore he/she can hit the gas.

Regardless, to each his own, but I've got one and I'm gonna install it.
Yes to each his/her own. In your situation I normally use the hand brake. I just need 1 finger on the brake and the rest on the throttle. As for the cars, well there going to do whatever they do, I doubt if they notice that brake light anyway.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
highside101 said:
Yes to each his/her own. In your situation I normally use the hand brake. I just need 1 finger on the brake and the rest on the throttle. As for the cars, well there going to do whatever they do, I doubt if they notice that brake light anyway.
Ok... I'm first to stop at a light on an incline w/ a teen cager behind me...

I have the front brake applied and all is good.

I want to adjust my backpack or helmet or something and need both hands.

I release the front lever and apply the rear control - all the teen cager sees is a brake light that's gone off - I've got daddy's SUV up my arse.

·
2006 BOTY WINNER
814 Posts
selector said:
Ok... I'm first to stop at a light on an incline w/ a teen cager behind me...

I have the front brake applied and all is good.

I want to adjust my backpack or helmet or something and need both hands.

I release the front lever and apply the rear control - all the teen cager sees is a brake light that's gone off - I've got daddy's SUV up my arse.

Look, I'm not trying to start an argument here. All I can say is do you honestly think that if the as you say "teen in a SUV" is actually paying that little attention that he/she will notice your brake light go out but not notice you sit up and adjust what ever you need to? I can understand your need to be as seen as you can.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
highside101 said:
Look, I'm not trying to start an argument here. All I can say is do you honestly think that if the as you say "teen in a SUV" is actually paying that little attention that he/she will notice your brake light go out but not notice you sit up and adjust what ever you need to? I can understand your need to be as seen as you can.
Nor am I...

I have no doubt that sometimes all they might see are the lights. Have you never been in your cage and watched the reaction of a cager behind you as you let off the brake??? There's no body movement, or pud'n... they see the light go off and gas it.

Regardlless, I posted this simply as info for those wishing to maintain a brake signal w/ the foot control. There are way to many bad drivers here in Utah to ignore!

·
2006 BOTY WINNER
814 Posts
I drive a car 6 months out of the year, you have to where I'm at and more people get hit coming to a stop than starting, atleast here. Anyway I can feel your animosity toward car drivers from the way you call them cages. You be safe, I'm done.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
highside101 said:
Anyway I can feel your animosity toward car drivers from the way you call them cages.
Uhhh... you're reaching dude... I drive a cage, my wife drives a 3/4-ton cage... I ride a lot too.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Selector
this thread will help out a lot of members that would
like to maintain the brake light function when using the rear brakes
we need evrey advantage that can increase cagers visibilty factor
Thanks man

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
moeman said:
Selector
Thanks man
No prob... simple/cheap little device, works perfect and now allows me to have the functionality described.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Arrow rearsets? Killer. How much do those run? Is your rear res leaking or is it wet or something?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
shiftn3rdon1 said:
Is your rear res leaking or is it wet or something?
Not leaking... shot the pic like minutes after finishing the switch job and hadn't yet cleaned things up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Essential here in Australia. They test each brake independently when doing a road worthy certificate. Sure you'd get away with it before, or, just after a road worthy inspection for one year. You loose a little feel, works by hydraulic pressure.
Ive installed one on a previous bike with rear sets that require a bango bolt brake light pressure switch.
Good post, and thanks for the picture.

·
Registered
14,368 Posts
moeman said:
Selector
Thanks man
Well said, totally agree.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts