Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi RR dot net,

Cant find a succinct answer to this question:

Will aftermarket rearsets marketed for 07-15 RRs work with an 05 model? I know the stock rearsets work, so dont see why the aftermarket ones wouldn't. Non ABS rearsets of course.

Would appreciate any advice before making a potentially expensive mistake.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
Sh#tfire, there's an answer worth a buy....as long as it's not$$$.

looks compatible....check woodcraft/CFM website for another verification??

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a set of vortex rearsets from 07+ on my 06 600rr. I don't recall needing to do any modification to make it works. Actually the rear brake light did not work but I just cut old and hook it right up I believe. It's been covered on the forum before

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a set of vortex rearsets from 07+ on my 06 600rr. I don't recall needing to do any modification to make it works. Actually the rear brake light did not work but I just cut old and hook it right up I believe. It's been covered on the forum before
Thanks for the input. Sadly, search doesn't come up with much.

The main thing I noticed is that most of the 07+ rearsets have the rod passing over the frame member, as opposed to the pivot design with two rods.

Your answer at least makes me comfortable enough to try. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the input. Sadly, search doesn't come up with much.

The main thing I noticed is that most of the 07+ rearsets have the rod passing over the frame member, as opposed to the pivot design with two rods.

Your answer at least makes me comfortable enough to try. Thanks.
Bump! Did you try this? I'm considering doing the same with the 07+ LighTech rearsets...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts