Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure this bike will not start without the gauge cluster assembly. I can see in the wiring diagram that there is a handful of wires leading into and out of it. My question, Doe anyone know who to temp fix ths, by pass, or which wires to jump so i can start the bike? I'm not wanting to make this a permenent deal, I just want to start in to check a few things out. Clusters are hard to come by when i have the cash for them. I've been putting this bike back together since Sept and i only need a few things left to ride it. Front wheel and the cluster are the main. I'd love to hear her start. Any help??

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
did you connect or bypass the bank angle sensor? the bike will run without the cluster

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. My bike is an 04.The electrical doesn't seem to engage. No power to the fuel pump or ignition relays. I have bought bought an aftermarket ignition. It has 4 wires from it but only plugs into 3. The 4th wire looks like a ground, its green. All fuses are good. Bike cranks by thumb button. Headlight comes on. Kill switch seems to work properly. I'm mechanically inclined, just unfamiliar with the bikes.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
The ignition is the problem. You need to supply the ecm with 9volts from the ignition to get the fuel pump relay to engage. 03-04 ignitions have a zener diode in the bottom to do this. You need the 12v input to drop by 3 volts power to go to the ecm for this to work correctly. Get a zener diode to fix or get a factory ignition. 3.982 is the value you need for the zener.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Tripage! I got the bike started. Hard to imagine that a $2 item can stop so much. I am glad because i have never heard the engine run up until now. I am stoked. It sounds great. Very solid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts