Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says I bought the bike and rebuilt/painted everything. Ill put a pic to show how nice I was. Then it got stolen an the thief wrecked it running from the cops. It was a low speed crash and doesn't seem like forks, tree, or anything is bent so I started the rebuild again. Well as of now im trying to get the bike back running at least.

I put a new switch and got the bike to turn over, but when you turn the key on the fuel pump/injectors wont turn on for the 2/3 seconds like it should. The kill switch is not on, been there done that just like everyone else. I have tested everything I could think of!
I tested the following:
Fuel pump relay=good
Kill switch works when its turned on so im assuming its good
Main Fuse= good
Bank angle/ sub fuse 10A=good
FI 20A fuse=good
Engine stop relay=good

Do not know how to really test the Bank Angle Sensor, if you unplug the sensor will the motor just not turn over at all? I also jumped power from the engine stop relay to the fuel pump relay, and it turns on, so the fuel pump works. I have a feeling that I am overlooking something ridiculously simple to fix, or at least I hope.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Kickstand switch will keep it from priming as well, test that units function.

Do you see the neutral light on the dash? If not, the kickstand switch comes into play.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts

Do you see the neutral light on the dash? If not, the kickstand switch comes into play.
Kickstand doesn't stop the prime. It just locks out spark and the starter when neutral isn't satisfied

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

the bike is in neutral. The neutral light is on, and I made sure that it was in neutral (roll test)

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Kickstand doesn't stop the prime. It just locks out spark and the starter when neutral isn't satisfied
That’s right, my bad. I forgot this model allows a prime, we discussed this before.

Did bypassing the BAS work, OP?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had a few minutes after work. Jumped the outside wires an turned the key an the injectors turned on. Hit the start switch an started right up. Thanks for the help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts