·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS there anyu recalls ont he 05 rr especiallyw ith the gear box?>

·
Registered
206 Posts
once in a while my bike cant find a gear, like get out of neutral or cant go into neutral i just let go of the clutch and engage it again, shift and its fine....

whats the problem you are having?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I have not idea what your experience level is, but this error is "typically" user error.

Before shifting, make sure you have a firm foot on the gear selector, and then when you shift, it should kick into gear really quickly, so you won't have to pull the lever very far at all. Usually, this type of error is just from slower than normal shifting, or not using authority with it, get on it :D

Or... you could have a problem with the box

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Thats normal, the gears just happen to not mesh up every once in a while and by letting the clutch out and pulling it back in it spins the input shaft on the tranny allowing it to mesh with the other gears. Register your bike on the honda website with your VIN number and it will tell you if there is any recalls with your particular bike.

·
Registered
334 Posts
toekneeg said:
once in a while my bike cant find a gear, like get out of neutral or cant go into neutral i just let go of the clutch and engage it again, shift and its fine....
That's normal on all bikes. You'll have a hard time putting it into gear once in a while from a dead stop, expecially from/to neutral. Like you said, just let go the clutch and engage it, and it will be fine.

·
Registered
143 Posts
every once in a while i have to push the shifter up once because its like its just dangling there (no pressure at all, even when moved all the way up), then it'll catch somethign and i have to do it again to shift it into the next gear.

is there an adjustment i need to make to get it to stop this?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been riding for over 10 years and on sportbikes for 5 i was bugging out yesterday my shits fine ;)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Mine sometimes hits neutral instead of second, but I think it's because I get lazy shifting. And the helmet keeps traffic from seeing how red my face gets when I miss second. Derrrrrrr......

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was haviogn problems from 2nd -4rd and shitbut im good now !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts