Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so as the title says... I need advice for tickets. I just got popped for A) Reckless driving: driving on rear wheel of mc- must appear and B) Exhibition of speed: driving on rear wheel of mc- fine $85.

I wondering what other peoples experieances are with these, if a lawyer is a good idea, ect.

Not that it really matters, but for the exhibition of speed I was at BP and don't think I ever got more than 5mph over the limit.

Thanks for any advice.

Oh, and since I'm not posting this in the stunt section, no flaming please. The only other person on the road was the cop. Lucky me.

·
S VEEEEEEEEEEEEE Thrasher
2,160 Posts
wreckless driving i know for sure is not $85.....!!!! stays on your record here in Cali for about 5yrs. insurance rises like a MOTHER!
exhibition of speed is another one which is bad!! consider yourself F* for a couple of years. the time i was caught was in a car.... i have learned not to mess arround. save it for the track.

·
Registered
136 Posts
well sounds like you were riding a wheelie so unless he clocked you he's probably just deducing that it takes instant acceleration to pop a wheelie... in a car you can be pulled over for burning out from a stop light even if you never hit the speed limit... that's exhibition of speed... taking off excessively fast... it's a judgement call so I dunno what you'll be able to do.

Reckless driving sucks... bad for insurance... best bet is to get a lawyer and try to get the chargest at LEAST lowered to something else. I think most would agree you should get a lawyer... and some glasses so you see the cop next time! j/k.

Good luck.

Rock

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Call the DA and try to get the reckless dropped and plead to the exibition. It will be a lot better for you. He should be willing to do it considering that there was nobody else on the road at the time.

·
Registered
344 Posts
your insurance will get a nice hike after a reckless ticket. if you want it reduced i'd recommend getting a lawyer, but since you were stunting you were at fault and i doubt you'll get any leniency (read: lawyer might not even help). you might have to bite the bullet man, i'm sorry.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I think if you get a lawyer, you have a good case if what you say is true. Kansas courts said in State of Kansas V. Remmers

""Reckless means driving a vehicle under circumstances that show a realization of the imminence of danger to another person or the property of another where there is a conscious and unjustifiable disregard of that danger."

If there was nobody else on the road, I don't see how they can say this is the case. Here's a link to the case. It's not about a motorcycle, but the law is the same.

http://www.kscourts.org/kscases/supct/2004/20041217/89721.htm

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the help everyone. Does anyone else that has gotten the reckless driving remember what the fines/lawyer fees were?

·
Registered
739 Posts
bumblebee said:
Wow...looks like you will be going to Sam's and buy a pail of Vaseline...
AAWW man that is messed up

As far as the exhibtion of speed goes, my dad got the same ticket and he got off by this reasoning:

He said that "in order to recieve a violation for exhibition of speed that means that you have to be exhibiting speed. But since I was the only one on the road there was certianly no one to exhibit it for. I looked around and there was not one person on the road that I could see, to show off for. The only person that was there was the police man, and If I had seen him, I certianly would not have been putting on an exhibit of speed for him. Therefore I could not possibly be exhibiting speed, because there was nobody there for me to exhibit it too"

He got off by showing that he obviously was not exhibiting speed, or putting on a show, because there was no audience.

·
Registered
969 Posts
6rr_lv said:
thanks for the help everyone. Does anyone else that has gotten the reckless driving remember what the fines/lawyer fees were?
Been there & done that!!
Yeah I think I ended up paying like $500 for the lawyer & $200 for the reduced non moving violation. I dont know about Ks but in Mo. you can get your bike impounded for riding whoolies. I was lucky that I had a cop that rides also. Matter of fact he was on a bike when he pulled me over..LoL
I was gonna use the excuse, that my hand slipped on the throttle & it just came up on me but the first thing out of his mouth was (I know what you were gonna do when I seen you slide your *** back on that seat). But anywho get a lawyer, it's your best bet!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
6rr_lv said:

$500 for a ex criminal lawyer friend. Had 3 tickets, reckless, passing in a no pass, and too fast for conditions. They dropped the reckless and I had to keep the other 2 plus 6mo probation...I had to pay for the other 2...and yes they were nasty. North Ga mountains...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts