Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reckless Driving (revised)

I was a damp road so I was gunning it a bit and breaking to get a feel for traction. No one was directly behind me but a couple chicks in a squad car noticed.
They told me I was RECKLESS DRIVING and then they asked me if I'd had any thing to drink.
I said no of course, and that's when it got nasty. They gave me a standing sobriety test which I must have past cause no dui squad.
She said she would have let me go but I lied about drinking.
Lucky I guess I just got the driving criminal ticket
I gotta go to cort... this could be the end of the RR on the street or maybe my licence.
Any suggestions? Is this worth getting a lawyer.
Sucky monday!!! hows yours going

OOPS

Please excuse this thread and thanks for the response.

I wasn’t drunk when I posted just disconcerted.
So, for the record:

I was pulled over by a police car with 2 female cops.
They informed me that I was riding erratic wheeling but at the same time decided that I must be drunk.
(I don’t stunt at all, don’t know how)
I had had a beer about 60 to 45 min earlier but I really don’t believe they could smell it.
I do believe they observed me leaving a strip bar as they stated they had been fallowing me for a “all the way down speedway”.
They asked me If I’d been drinking to which I replied “no”.
That’s when I got the standing test, which I passed no prob.
They gave me the reckless ticket and informed me that they would have just let me go If I hadn’t lied about drinking.

Yea, I’m gunna fight it. After the pretrial conference I’ll get the police report and decide how to present myself.

Right now I’m thinking either:

Sence I never did admit to drinking and they have no hard evidence that I was, that I don’t deserve the ticket on the basis that they said they were not going to give it to me.

Or

Admit to having the 1 beer previous but say that it was so much earlier in the day that I felt it was not applicable to the cops question “have you been drinking” ie are you drunk?
Again relaying that they were not going to give me the ticket. And relaying that the beer was defiantly out of my system because, I have been informed, that just because you not drunk, having any alcohol is “reckless driving”

I’m screwed; this will put me over the limit point wise.

I would say the moral is don’t drink AT ALL when riding, but I’m not sure it has any thing to do with this.
Maybe look out for female cops when leaving a bar. Especially strip clubs??

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
i just got reckless driving also, how much was your ticket. I am going to court with out a lawyer and seeing if I can get it reduced bc reckless driving sucks on your record

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
now that I read it again lol I noticed the same thing, couple a chicks in a squad car? Did you get pulled over by a cop? Sounds like your a drunk trucker lol good luck

·
Registered
507 Posts
so you passed the field sobriety test correct?? what exactly was your ticket for wreckless driving??

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah he got a reckless driving ticket. But I don't get the part about the drinking, you passed your test but she said you lied about the drinking????? I would have said that I passed the test didn't I. Had you had a beer but were still sober?

·
Registered
492 Posts
i once got a wreckless driving ticket b4 and luckily it was dropped. talk to a lawyer, here in vegas you can have a wreckless driving ticket and just go to school and have it dropped to a parking ticket. wreckless driving is only like 4 points not 6. good luck, wish for the best.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts