Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i want to ask you guys, wich ones brake pads would you recomend, im totally street rider so i see ebc are good but i see that say kevlar and other stuff so i dont know wich ones are better, thanx

rodrigo

·
Registered
212 Posts
galfer HH pads work well, but any sintered brake pad will be better than stock. never ran EBCs...but here good things about them from racers

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx so go for the galfer HH thanx. and whats wrong with ebc's?

·
Registered
326 Posts
For street riding EBC FA390HH pads are as good as any. Much discusion has been
done about racing or high performance street/trackday pads.
Stay away from the race only pads and look to each manufactuers high performance sintered pad and you will be o.k. Stock Honda pads aren't to bad in the use.

·
Registered
326 Posts
galfer HH pads work well, but any sintered brake pad will be better than stock. never ran EBCs...but here good things about them from racers
It reads that he has never run EBCs but has heard good things about them from racers. I don't think it means 'don't run EBC'.

D

·
0 Posts
Vesrah RJL's Pricey but well worth it.
I'm running the regular JL's and I can't even imagine how grippy the RJL's are. I had to pull over to throw up after I first tested my JL's...smashed my nuts that hard on the tank. Vesrah > Galfer IMO.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I'm running the regular JL's and I can't even imagine how grippy the RJL's are. I had to pull over to throw up after I first tested my JL's...smashed my nuts that hard on the tank. Vesrah > Galfer IMO.
hahahahahaha dang i might have to get those next time.. have u tested the ebc hh?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok thanx a lot riders, i decided to go for ebc hh thanx.

rodrigo

·
Registered
1,453 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
My personal experience:

Ebc= easy 2 finger work.
Vesrah= 1 finger unintentional stoppies.

Before/ in addition to replacement of pads, upgrade to stainless brake lines. I think you'll see as much or more difference in lack of fade replacing the lines.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
In my experience, both stock and EBC have always warped my rotors. I've been using the Galfers for awhile now and never a warping issue since. I have 47k miles on my current set of front rotors and they're still smooth as glass. OEM pads my rotors were warped at 16k, and I'm not hard on the brakes at all. Couldn't be happier here with the Galfers.... great stopping power and no warped rotors :icon_lol:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
^^^ that's not right. you shouldn't be warping rotors from stock pads at 16K.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
^^^ that's not right. you shouldn't be warping rotors from stock pads at 16K.
I know it didn't seem quite right to me either.... I'm really not sure what happened with that particular one. It may not have been because of the pads, I really don't know. Weird part about it was, only one rotor was warped (left side), and had 0.019" runout (spec is 0.008"), while the other rotor had 0.004"... didn't make sense. Soooo I'm not sure if I had a caliper sticking a little bit or what. The build date of my bike was Aug 2003, and I bought it new Oct 2004 with 3 miles on it, so it sat for quite awhile before I bought it... maybe something was a little sticky, who knows. But even after that they still warped again, but took a bit longer. Never a vibration issue since using the Galfer pads... that's the only thing I can come up with that would be warping them. The first time at 16k I had tried to get it fixed under warranty, the bike was only 5 months old, but they wouldn't do it... bastards!

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
I've used all kinds of pads. Here is a real breif summary.

OEM pads on 07 are HH, they are good pads.

EBCs feel good on the street initially, they have a good bite, but they suck horribly when they get hot and fade bad. Especially at the track. The backing plates show significant heat marks and they warp.

Galfer 1375 HH ceramic backed pads SUCK BIG DONKEY DICKS!!! I ruined two sets of rotors with these jacked up pads. they smear all around the rotors and caused major brake judder that I was not able to get rid of by cleaning the rotors and switching pads. I had to replace rotors and pads at the same time on TWO DIFFERENT BIKES. One bike was my wifes and she is very easy on the brakes so it had nothing to do with riding style or overheating.

Vesrah RJL's. Awesome pads. They are not "1 finger stoppie" pads as some have suggested. The braking power is very progressive and consistent. Even when hot. The initial bite is simlar to stock pads but as you increase lever pull slightly they just stop harder and harder. Vesrah for life...

Kurveygirl.com has vesrah RJL's for $80 for both sides. Thats basically the same price as all the others.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I can get FA390HH EBC pads, both calipers for half that at my Honda dealers. I just replace them often. I have GFA390HHs that cost 55/4pads that I am going to try. The EBCs warp eventually but until they do they are very good.
Pads are easy to replace so I try different ones.

Kurvygirl has these neat valves:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
For the street it doesn't really matter.

But anyone who says EBC sucks clearly has not tried their kit pads.. I want to try out their new Extreme Pro pads on the track bike.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts